Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Inphonic.com service - input needed

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Odrade, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Odrade

Odrade New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung SCH-8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS
    Can anyone post their personal experience in dealing with inphonic.com for ordering phones and/or service?

I've only heard rumors of problems people have had with them (billing, etc). They seem to have some of the best deals around so I'm wondering if it's a little too good to be true. :O

2. Steve B

Steve B Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    My dealing with InPhonic was somewhat limited. I only had to order the SERO for Sprint plan through them. I can't stand talking to outsourced reps. They are friendly but, sometimes it was hard to understand them. They botched up my original order. My phone was supposed to have been "activated" with a temporary number. That was not the case. I was assigned a temporary number but, my phone was not programmed. Another issue was that InPhonic didn't pass along my port request to Sprint. So Sprint had no record whatsoever of my port request on file which obviously caused delays in the start of my new service.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TProphet

TProphet I *am* a mobile phone

My Phone:
    Sanyo 7200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Cingular, Virgin Mobile Canada
    InPhonic is absolutely notorious. Just type their name into your favorite search engine and look at all the horror stories. They seem to be doing a reasonably decent job on SERO activations, but these don't involve rebates. For their ordinary consumer deals, I'd recommend you run the other direction.

If you look on eBay, there is a dealer called "sprintnetwork" who has gotten good reviews on HoFo and elsewhere. My friend Kubla activated through this dealer and had no problems. I haven't dealt with them personally, though.

4. wirles

wirles I'm baaaaaaaaaack

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4S
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of the above
    I used to work for David Steinberg. It came as no surprise to me when he/Inphonic was sued by the District of Columbia for improper business practice.

If you want more details on my personal experience as an employee of Steinberg's previous company, Sterling Cellular (Bethesda, MD) send me a PM.