Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Incoming Calls Not Ringing - Voicemail Only

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by Rob in KC, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Rob in KC

Rob in KC New Member

My Phone:
    RAZR V3c
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I've been with Verizon for almost 2 years now. Last fall, I began having problems with my original phone, a Samsung A530.

The problem was that in certain situations/locations, my phone would not ring when someone called me. However, I would immediately get a voicemail notification if they left a message. I could then call them back with no problems. It didn't seem to be a signal strength issue, because it would often happen when I had 4 bars. So, I figured there was a phone problem. Verizon verified that all software/firmware was current and couldn't find any problem with the phone.

So, I just upgraded to a new RAZR, thinking that would be the end of my problems. But it's happening with my new phone too! Some incoming calls don't ring, but I get voicemail notification immediately. I also notice that these calls DO NOT show up anywhere in the call logs - not incoming, not missed, no where. When the person calls me, they hear the ring tones as expected before being sent to voice mail. It doesn't go straight to voice mail without ringing like it would if the phone was off.

Just had Verizon look at my new phone this evening. Tech said he made a few changes, but the problem still exists. I travel quite a bit and have this problem in many different locations.

Since I've now had this problem with 2 different phones, I think there must be something else going on. Does anyone else have similar problems or any idea what can be done to fix this???

Thanks for your help.

2. pjh

pjh New Member

I had a v710 that was working fine for over a year. I had it replaced when the lens cover fell off. Then I started having the same problem with calls not ringing. After my third replacement I went to the E815 and have not had a problem.

My wife upgraded her v60i to the RAZR and has never had the incoming call problem on either phone.

3. Javan

Javan New Member

My Phone:
    Moto V750
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I had a similar prob with my current phone (Nokia). the tech just said to make sure to turn the phone off/on at least once a day. When I do that, I have no problem.

4. SkippyWattson

SkippyWattson New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX9800 (THE V)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON WIRELESS
    :browani: Don't listen to Verizon. They don't know what they're talking about. All you have to do is hit *18 send and wait for it to call and hang up. It centers your towers. That fixes the straight to voicemail problem. If that doesn't do it your phone is funked up and you need to have it replaced. Hope that helps. Let me know....:browani:

5. NJ_Pubcrawler

NJ_Pubcrawler Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8300
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Nextel
    I am curious... what exactly does *18 do? I am not having any problems with my phone but tried it anyway to see what would happen. I heard 3 short beeps and then the call was terminated.