Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

In the Works: Next-Generation Wireless

Discussion in 'Wireless News' started by Scrumhalf, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, Sprint
    I am a member of the IEEE and this article caught my attention. I personally cannot wait for seamless and ubiquitous connectivity to show up. 6 years... hope it pans out as planned!

In the Works: Next-Generation Wireless - IEEE - The Institute

[h=1]In the Works: Next-Generation Wireless[/h]
    Today’s wireless networks have a hard time keeping up with the demand by mobile devices for higher data rates, multimedia services support, and ever more bandwidth. And when data starts being generated by the millions, if not billions, of machines and devices that are expected to comprise the Internet of Things, the current generation of wireless systems will be challenged as never before.
    That’s why the communications industry is working on a fifth-generation wireless system. Compared with today’s 4G and LTE networks, researchers say 5G will achieve 1,000 times the system capacity; 10 times the energy efficiency, data rate, and spectral efficiency; and 25 times the average mobile cell throughput. The aim is to offer seamless and universal communications between any people, anywhere, at any time by just about any wireless device. Standards for 5G are likely to be defined between 2016 and 2018, with 5G-ready products not expected until 2020.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    1 person likes this.