Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

In stadium cell tower

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by burtonium239, Feb 1, 2008.

1. burtonium239

burtonium239 Member

My Phone:
    Moto E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    WirelessDevNet.com Press Release

Alltel Wireless' 'in-stadium' cell tower to provide wireless service for customers attending pro football's championship game Glendale, AZ - When a capacity crowd of more than 73,000 fans pack University of Phoenix Stadium for pro football's 'Big Game' on Feb. 3, Alltel Wireless has ensured the stadium has the wireless network infrastructure in place to keep them connected from kickoff until the final whistle. As Official Wireless Provider of the Arizona Cardinals and University of Phoenix Stadium, Alltel Wireless is the only wireless carrier to own and operate a cell site located directly inside the stadium.

Whether rooting for New York or New England, the exclusive on-premise tower will provide fans with wireless coverage throughout the facility -including high-speed data services on Alltel's Axcess Broadband EvDO network.

"There's no question that fans in the stadium will want to share their ultimate football experiences with those that matter most by making phone calls and sending countless text, picture and video messages," said Gary Bailey, director of network operations for Alltel Wireless. "With our exclusive in-stadium cell site, our customers and any fans attending 'The Big Game' can be confident that those important calls and messages will get through."

Alltel's Axcess Broadband service provides wireless access to the Internet at speeds comparable to wired broadband connections such as cable modem or DSL. Fans at the game will be able to surf the Web for statistics, game updates, video clips and photos, as well as access e-mail and download large, graphic-rich files right from their seats at speeds of up to 2.4 Mbps.

Alltel Wireless continues to provide choice and control to the customer's wireless experience. Alltel recently announced a major expansion to its exclusive "My Circle" feature, giving customers unlimited calling to and from any five, 10 or 20 numbers on any network for free. Alltel Wireless was also the first to offer Anytime Plan Changes, giving customers the flexibility to change their calling plans at any time, without extending their current contract.

In recent months, Alltel Wireless has opened several new Phoenix-area retail locations, including stores in Tempe, Chandler, Buckeye and Mesa. Alltel currently has 21 retail locations throughout the Valley and plans to open five additional retail stores in the first half of 2008. Alltel is owner and operator of the nation's largest wireless network and has more than 12 million customers. For more information about Alltel, please visit Alltel.com - Official site.

2. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    It's a stadium with a retractible roof so I wonder if the roof will be open or closed? If it's open, I imagine other carriers' customers would be able to get signal... if it's closed, who knows?

"In building coverage cannot be guaranteed."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    Hey, this sounds good for sprint customers!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Eric47

Eric47 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    crackberry's
    unless that sprint customer is trying to call M2M

5. Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton 10 years scandal free....

My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    Well good for Alltel for getting the in stadium cell site. People should watch the game and get off their phones though.

6. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    Well, I know that if I ever get to go to the Super Bowl, I know I will want to "access e-mail and download large, graphic-rich files right from their seats"

who does this durring the game?!?

7. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    You can be sure the other carriers will have mobile cells set up outside.

8. burtonium239

burtonium239 Member

My Phone:
    Moto E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel

When I go to Nascar races or chiefs games I send pics and videos all the time to people who are not there to rub it in just a little.

9. djjim

djjim Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Old:Alltel, Nextel, At&t, USCC, Cricket)
    Alltel has an in-stadium cellsite at BofA Stadium in Charlotte too. I hear they get a load of Verizon wireless roaming revenue.

10. KyleAndMelissa22

KyleAndMelissa22 Woot Woot, Splat !!!

My Phone:
    LG Lucid 3 / G4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless (SID 299, NID 173)

Do you know if the Cricket Arena in Charlotte has indoor cell antennas too?
    I just went to a Matchbox 20 concert on 1-29 and was looking for an indoor cell tower as well.
    Full signal on everyone (except Cricket, ironically) indoors and outside the Cricket Arena.

I was getting the same PN Offset (active pilot number) inside & outside the Cricket arena on Alltel & Verizon.

The Cricket arena holds about 10,000 people, and there were lots of phones in use,
    (almost everyone was waving cell phones, instead of lighters, when they went offstage :))
    so I wonder what they were doing to keep up with capacity at the concert.

#10 KyleAndMelissa22, Feb 2, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  11. Towertester

Towertester New Member

10,000 people is not a real issue with capacity. There is nothing in Cricket, because there is coverage close by there. Actually football games of 75-80,000 is not too hard to keep up with. Now 180,000 leaving a race track at the same time takes a little more work to keep up with capacity, but is done with careful planning.