Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Improved coverage in 60112?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by mindfrost82, Aug 13, 2007.

1. mindfrost82

mindfrost82 New Member

Anyone here have any inside information if there are plans to add a tower or improve coverage in the 60112 area? It is Cortland, IL just north of I-88.

It is a growing community with lots of new subdivisions going up. Coverage outside is good, but indoors it is poor and RSSI is usually in the 90's.

60112 Area:
    [​IMG]

60115 Area:
    [​IMG]

Sprint and Nextel are both fairly poor in this area. I know there's a tower about 10 miles from me which helps in the 60178 area...I had a great signal indoors in that town.

Indoor coverage is also spotty in the 60115 area too. Outdoors is great but indoors can be really poor depending on the area. That's a college town with thousands of students.

All of these areas are covered EV-DO.

2. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    If you go to Sprint.com they have the option to view future towers.

3. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Check this out
    Nextel - Coverage
    Then when you get to it down on the bottom click the new and anticapted boxes and it will show you new and future towers. Also dont be fooled by the link dont know it says nextel it is sprint.

4. mindfrost82

mindfrost82 New Member

I know about the recent and future towers, but I also know that it isn't always completely accurate. It doesn't show any recent towers in my area, that's why I didn't know if there was any Sprint techs on here that had any inside info lol.

5. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Oh ok:(...............