Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Im stuck in the Customer Service twilight zone (long story)

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by joshlitt680, Dec 24, 2007.

1. joshlitt680

joshlitt680 New Member

Ok, this is kind of a long story so bear with me.....

December 2nd (Sun.) I called into Sprint to check on the status of my contract because I wanted to port my number over to another wireless provider. No major reason really, I just was looking for a new phone at a new activation price ( I had switched phones at some point and was not eligible for a full rebate), and this was going to be my Christmas present to myself. At any rate, the lady at Customer Service, asked me what she could do to get me to stay. Well, I told her I wanted a new phone for cheap. She said she could help me out, and asked me what phone I wanted and I said I wasnt sure, but I liked the look of the Centro.

She said, "Do you do much web browsing on your phone?"
    me: "No, but I like the full keyboard for texting, and the calender and stuff."
    She: "Yeah, but that phone is more for internet stuff, you should try the Upstage"
    me: "Well, how much is it gonna cost me?"
    She: "I can give you $150 off, plus an extra $50, and I'll waive the upgrade fee. You will have it at your house in 1-3 business days."
    Me: "Hmm ok, Ill try it."

Then Im on hold for literally 45 minutes while she orders this phone.

8 days go by and still no phone, but I did get a new sprint bill. To my surpise I open it up and see that I am billed for the full price of the Upstage and an upgrade fee! Yay!!

So, no phone, nice big bill, still with me?

For the next few nights after work, I am on hold with customer service trying to get my bill straightened out. Still no new phone, but I was more worried about making sure my discounts got applied. I was transferred, hung up on, on hold, so much it was ridiculous. Needless to say at that point I am pretty pissed.

Finally I get a hold of someone who knows what they are doing and they correct my bill and check on that original order. I am on hold while she is on the phone with the warehouse trying to figure out what happened to the original order. The only thing they can figure out is that somehow the order is "stuck" and never went out. I say "thats nice that you figured that out, but I just want my phone." So the lady orders me another and magically it is here within 3 business days.

So you're thinking "great, Im sure this story is about over, looks like it's gonna be a happy ending"

Umm no.

I call up customer service to activate my new upstage (which I think has the smallest screen for a phone ever), give them the new ESN number and am ready to program my new phone.

"Sir can you please hold?"
    "No problem."

35 minutes later.

"Sir Im getting an error message, It says 'no changes can be made to this account because it is being upgraded.'"

"Huh?"

"Yeah, let me transfer you to tech support and see if they can activate your new phone."

"Ok....???"

Transfer.

"May I have the wireless number... yadayadayada"

"again?? Do you guys not share information??"

"How may I help you?"

"Well,look dude, I just want my new phone activated"

"No problem sir, just give me the ESN and we will get it activated for you"

"Ok great, its ____________."

"Ok, hmmm....sir can you please hold?"

At this point Im sure he tries everything the last guy tried.

On hold at least 30 min.

"Sir, Im gonna have to transfer you to advanced tech support......"

Oh yeah, by the way, no exaggerations so far.

Advanced tech support tries for 30-45 minutes, and the declares that they have to put a trouble ticket in and I will be getting a callback.

A couple of days go by, Callback never came.

Im am beyond mad at this point.

So, I say "screw it" I call up to send the phone back (the upstage imo is ridiculously impractical ---flipping sides, and no headphone jack)

I am then connected with the best rep Ive talked to yet, and she hears my whole story. I tell her that Im fed up, the Upstage sucks, and Ive wasted the month of December on the phone with customer service. She offers me the Centro, at a really really low price, and a return kit for the Upstage. She also gives me her email address and adds that the tech issue will be resolved by the time I get my Centro.

I say "fine, whatever, just do it. "

The centro arrived on time just like she said, and I open it up and I like it. Yay!!

Call to get it activated....

"Sir can you please hold? we're getting an error message"

"Dear God, i am on some sort of bizarro candid camera"

In the meantime, I emailed the lady who ordered my centro to ask for her help....no response.

I'm not even mad anymore.

This was last wednesday. They figured out that the problem with my account is that the original Upstage, (the one that never shipped) is stuck in the system.

I say, "thats great, so delete it."

"We can't, only engineers on the back end can get in there and remove it, it's a glitch in the system" (what is this, the matrix?)

They put a trouble ticket in to the engineers and even "escalate it" (ooooo my problem is important to them now) This was wednesday. Friday, I call to check on the status of my ticket number, and they tell me that they engineers already looked at it and found nothing wrong with my account!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahhahhahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahhaahhaha i am losing my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So the guy wants to put another trouble ticket in, but this time add the comment, "customer is extremely frustrated".

I say no, don't bother just transfer me to someone who will fix my problem.

So he transfers my call to some poor guy named Mike, who wins the prize, because he keeps me on the phone for a record 1 hr 45 min., calling different departments, working on my problem.

This was Friday........He gets back on the phone with me and tells me that it looks like Im gonna have to just wait until , get ready for this, the stuck phone falls off the system.

Wow, just wow.

I say, "and when is that gonna be?"

He says, "probably Monday (today)"

I start laughing.

I say, "so, the same order has been stuck in the system, since December 2nd, and Im supposed to believe thats its gonna go away just because we give it the weekend?"

He says, "Yeah, I know it doesn't sound like it....."

I say, "Look Ive been on the phone for nearly 2 hours so I am willing to stay on until the problem is actually solved."

He puts me on hold.

He gets back on and says, "If you want to change your number we can activate your new phone."

Buahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

"No thanks dude, I need my number"

Puts me on hold

"We can also offer you 2 months of free service"

Buahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah

"Look dude, I appreciate that you are trying to help. But just put me through to someone who can go in there and fix this problem."

"All I can do is forward this to my manager, and there is like a 3 day turnaround on those referrals. Ill call you as soon as I get in on Monday (today) and let you know what the status of it is, I get to work at 1pm eastern. But there is nothing else we can do today."

Oh. My. God.

At this point I have somewhere to be, so i say "fine, Ill wait for your call on Monday."

So I will be interested at hearing what he found out, if he calls.

My point in writing this today was to ask the expert of this community what I should do.

Option #1: Wait for Mike to call. And if he fails me then option 2
    Option 2: Call executive services? I have no idea what this is but Ive read it on other posts.
    Option 3: I have no idea. Please suggest one.

Please help, Im not even mad anymore, just amazed that no one has the power to go in and fix the problem on my account.

Thank you for reading this

Josh

2. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Josh- I am not going to say much but sounds like you had the trouble I did.

3. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    This is why online (do it yourself) activations are a must have and I'm glad they're bringing them back.

4. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    This is not just about activations though he had trouble with his order and being on hold that long not aceptable at all. Also if they were not able to activate his phone do you think he could have done it online I think not.

5. joshlitt680

joshlitt680 New Member

I tried it online already, got an error message "unable to switch" or something like that. What should I do

6. brian02

brian02 New Member

Wow, reading this I am starting to reconsider that HTC Touch.

Was the problem finally resolved, or is your account still in limbo?

7. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Brian I to had very horrible experiences hence one of the big factors in leaving sprint. BUT... dont let any of our stories scare you off you need to try it for yourself and you have 30 days to do it. Get the phone and have some fun.

8. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    I have experienced a similar horror story with Sprint's CS - They switched my account from Premier to Ensemble and somehow it got stuck between the two systems. Long story short, they had to cancel my account, create a new one, and port my number to that new account. Then I started getting random bills which were hell to resolve because Premier can't see the Ensemble accounts and Ensemble can't see Premier accounts. So they had no way to verify my story that my account was in both systems. Long story short, after being on hold for hours and hours I went to a local Sprint store and they called some big regional person over in Reston and he got the issue resolved. If they hadn't credited me for two months of service, I would have dropped Sprint after that who debacle.