Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

I'm Sick of my VX8300!!!

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by Jodi, May 26, 2007.

1. Jodi

Jodi Keep on swimming...

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Yes....as it's happened with 2 other headsets as well that I've replaced and I keep having the same problems.

2. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    I went thru this with CS on the phone last week and they told me the same... I figured that I didn't pose the question properly and I emailed CS and they told me about the Annual Upgrade too...

I'm waiting for my phone to die or 7/13/07, whatever comes first LOL

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jodi

Jodi Keep on swimming...

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I am technically eligible for the "Annual Upgrade," but when I log on to my account, it only shows that I'm eligible for the AU with the VX8600....I kinda want the 8700 or wait for something even better.

In the meantime, I'm determine to make a case for myself regarding my 8300 and the runaround I'm getting from my local VZW store.

4. Ellen

Ellen Guest

Jodi, make sure that the store that you have taken your handset into is documenting this on your account each and every time go in...... I still think you should call up Verizon's technical dept. as well, so that they can notate that they have done some trouble shooting with you and were unable to resolve the issue for you. It would be a good idea for you to call them while using your headset, so that you can prove that the headset is dropping calls. Just make sure that before you begin the call that you give them a callback number in case the call does drop.

#34 Ellen, Jun 6, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2007
  5. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    Great idea calling using the headsets. Also: as I mentioned, I would want a replacement 8300 so I had something of value to sell on Ebay or as a back up. There is no telling what you may get with a NEW (upgrade) phone which is why I don't like changing phones if I have a good one.

With regard to the bluetooth headsets. I have learned that in some locations they do not work as well or have a buzz. This could include, near computers, near some WIFI units, and in some cars where the cars own computer is near the dash and emits rf noise. So the location where its most often used can be a consideration too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Jodi

Jodi Keep on swimming...

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    MP...yes, I am having the TS dept. document every time I visit so that they can see this is an ongoing problem.

As for my log, I've already had 4 problems since leaving the VZW store yesterday and they're all incoming calls. They're not being dropped, but the phone isn't able to transfer the call to the headset. Outgoing calls, no problem....

This makes it difficult for me to demonstrate to tech support as I'll be calling them. But, I'll keep persisting....

7. Jodi

Jodi Keep on swimming...

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    An Update:

I've been logging all incoming and outgoing calls on my BT and the results....guess what?! There is a definite pattern!!! Over the last 24 hours:

All outgoing calls made on the BT work fine and pair successfully.

All incoming calls from a landline phone to my BT work fine and the cell pairs successfully.

All incoming calls from another cell phone to my BT is where the problem is. The cell phone receives the phone fine, but it doesn't transfer to the BT, where the caller can hear me in the headset fine, but I don't hear them in the earpiece at all. So, I have to open the cell phone and complete the call using my 8300.

No wonder VZW couldn't find the problem!!! They were trying to call in only from another landline!!!

I guess it's another call to VZW tech support and give them the update....

8. LRando

LRando Junior Member

My Phone:
    Alias 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Jodi-if you have a 2 year contract w/verizon you CAN get a phone before the 2 years but it is only minimally discounted. You get the full discount at 2 years. I have the family plan, with my phone being the main phone. Therefore, mine is the only one that can do the early upgrade (1 year as opposed to two). If you go to the verizon website and go to "my account", then "upgrade phone" it will show you a list of phones. It SHOULD say in the pricing what your discount will be. If you can wait until the 2 years, it is a much better deal. If however, you are stuck after 1 year w/a crappy phone you can get a new one w/a lower discount.

9. Ellen

Ellen Guest

Annual upgrades within a 2 year commitment period, only apply to customers that maintain a price plan of $49.99 or higher.

10. Jodi

Jodi Keep on swimming...

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Yeah...I already have that, so that's not an issue.

I dealt with VZW CS on the phone (who were SO much nicer than in-store) and she tried to replicate the problem. She couldn't either (why am I not surprised?)...however, she was willing to give me a $25 credit on another BT headset as well as her direct number to continue with this issue. I haven't taken her up on her offer yet as I don't know if I want to continue messing with this or just wait until August when I'm up (as she confirmed) for the Annual Upgrade.

11. dehaven.j

dehaven.j Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Pearl 8130
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    thats funny that is exactly what the rep told me when i was on the phone getting my 3rd vx8300 swapped out for a samsung u540. two of the 8300's would randomly turn themselves off and then back on again or they would freeze up or not disconnect from a call without pushing end 3 or 4 times... the 3rd one would make loud screeching sounds and not stop till you would take the battery out... however my mom has the same phone and has had no problems with hers, guess i was just bad luck lol!
    you should call them again i only had to do it once but i had already gone through the process of having the phone flashed, maybe they would realize that this problem is one of those that doesn't do it on demand(like mine it was near impossible to get it to turn off and back on when they troubleshooted it!) good luck

#41 dehaven.j, Jun 23, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2007