Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

I'm new here and have lots of cell sites to post!

Discussion in 'Cell Tower Hunting Club' started by The Desolate One, Jun 23, 2007.

1. The Desolate One

The Desolate One New Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Hello people. I'm new to this whole cell phone site hunting thing, but I know where TONS of cell phone towers are, hidden and regular, and I look forward to taking pics of all of them and posting them here. Maybe someone can help me with the names of the towers, as I have no clue which company owns which towers. I'm going to need help in identifying the company owners of each of the towers. Is there a guide that someone can point me to that has pics and explanations of which companies own which towers? ANY help would be appreciated! I just bought a Canon A550 Powershot digital camera, so I'm ready to start taking pics of all these sites that I know of around town.

2. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    The only suggestion I can give you is check out the electric meters in the caged in area to see if they label them on which carrier they are for.
    Do not go into the fenced in area, but this is how I usually find out which carrier is on the tower & sometimes which position on the tower.

3. Day5InJanuary

Day5InJanuary Junior Member

My Phone:
    Apple IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t

exactly...just walk around the site and look at the fence. and even the electric meters can have some kind of adhesived sticker with the carriers name. goodluck

4. Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton 10 years scandal free....

My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    I am hoping to get some pictures this week of towers in Vermont. There are currently no pictures up from Vermont and since I am heading over there for a few days I thought that should change.

5. TelcomJunkie

TelcomJunkie Bad Handoff Investigator

Wireless Provider(s):
    Big Brother

There are a lot of pictures of the LA Metro area up already and a few people on here that really know the area and can help ID towers that you find so post away!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I bet I'll recognize many of them if they are from the LA area. I've been keeping tabs on the towers around here since 1997.

7. The Desolate One

Well, that will be interesting to see. I live in Hawthorne, and am all over the place as far as driving. I'll try to at least post the street and/or intersection I'm at when I take the pics.

8. The Desolate One

That would be GREAT! I'll get to work on it!

9. The Desolate One

That's not going to be easy since I'll be taking more than 90% of the pics from my car. Many of that sites I see are during transit, and I have no plans of pulling off freeways, climbing hills, going onto private property, or anything of the sort just to see a cell tower ID. I like spotting them and am more than willing to take pictures of them, but MOST of the ones I spot are in places that are either inconvenient to get to, or flat out dangerous.

10. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I have done all of the following you mentioned to get some great pics and see ID #'s. :D One time I hiked up a hill for about 20 minutes on a 100 degree summer day to get this one site on a water tank. I also got questioned by a pissed off securtiy guard at a college campus for driving in to see a COW (portable cell on wheels) that was set up.

11. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    If you get a chance can you take a picture of the one right off the 405 at Artesia blvd off ramp. It's a tower disguised as a pine tree. I think there's a gas station right behind it so it should be an easy one to get to.

12. The Desolate One

And all THAT would be a MAJOR difference in priorities between you and me.

13. The Desolate One

Sure thing. I know exactly where that is, but have never paid attention to a hidden tower being there. Next time I go that way, I'll definitely take a pic.
    Today in going over my friend's house, I must have seen at LEAST 5 sites that I never noticed before. One was 2 blocks away from his house. It was a palm tree conceal. I had never noticed it before today. I REALLY like discovering these things. I saw 2 sites that were concealed on the top edges of buildings. I get a kick out of those types; the ones that are nothing more than a few panels that are on the top edge of a building, and painted the same as the building so that people don't notice them.

14. Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton 10 years scandal free....

My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    I haven't gotten questioned by a security guard but I got a nasty e-mail back from the dairy after I sent them a very pleasant e-mail asking them who the carrier was on the silo and how long it has been a cell site. They said I was a terrorist and a bunch of other creative things. I sent another e-mail with my name so we will see if that get a better response. :) I was surprised to see how hostile the dairy was. Quite funny really. If you get the chance the pictures are up under Vermont so take a look.