Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

I'm finally going from BB to Android!

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by CRC, Dec 30, 2011.

1. CRC

CRC Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Hey All...but I'm down to these 2 phones:

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/compare.php?id[]=3249&id[]=3373&id[]=&id[]=&id[]=

The HTC Sensation 4G and the Samsung Galaxy S II.

The Sensation is a bit heavier & thicker than the Galaxy, but not as wide/tall. The Sensation it appears to have better battery life. The Galaxy is a bit faster (high speed wise), but I don't do a lot of games, music, webbing so I'm sure the Sensation would do.

I had the new BB9900 for a little over a week. While I loved the new keyboard, a lot of people complained about the voice quality. I could hear them fine on my end, but they always said that I sounded like I was underwater or talking inside a tin can. The voice came across garbled as well. Also the battery life on the BB was atrocious for a BB! I had to charge it twice a day, and I'm not a heavy user!

This brings the question of voice quality. I tried calling my cousin who's my biggest critic to phones with bad voice quality. She said I sounded fantastic...like I was right next door on the SGSII. But I'm leaning ever so slightly more towards the Sensation. The T-Mobile store did not have a live model that I could call out on...you could only browse through menu's, web, etc. The SGSII was live. Can anyone tell me how the voice quality is on the HTC Sensation?

The reason I ask is T-Mobile charged me $50 re-stock fee on the damn BB! I was kinda PO'd about it, so I though since I gave back the BB that would end my contract and I'd go elsewhere. Not a chance! They said since I agreed to a new rate plan I'm "stuck" with them for 2-years even though I gave back the phone! So I don't want to get the Sensation and find out the voice quality is lousy and then be stuck with another $50 fee!!

I talked to a TM rep on the phone, and they said I could write into: contractreview@t-mobile.com and see if I could get my contract cancelled, since I just signed the new contract on Dec-17th.

Anyhoo, let me know your thoughts all! If I go over to VZW, I might get the Droid Incredible 2. Otherwise I'll stay with T-Mobile, but really feel they should refund me the $50, or give me a $50 credit towards the Android since the BB was faulty.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. CRC

CRC Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 6
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Re: I'm finally going from BB to Android! UPDATE!

Hey All! Well I finally went on-line myself and Googled "HTC Sensation vs Samsung Galaxy S II" and found the following links:

HTC Sensation vs Samsung Galaxy S II

They both have plusses and minuses. The Galaxy is thinner/lighter, but the Sensation is narrower and more ergonomic in the hand, and with the curved bezel and glass, it kinda "hugs" the face.

From what they're saying (if I heard them right) is the Galaxy's Touch Wiz is "simpler"?!? The Sensations Sense is more refined. One thing I did like about the Sensation was in browsing the web. One thing I always liked about the BlackBerry was how if you zoomed in on text print within an article, the BB would enlarge the letters and fit to screen, so you didn't have to swipe side-to-side in order to read the article. The Galaxy doesn't do that. It enlarges, but doesn't fit to screen. That would be annoying to me.

They stated both have good call quality...though the Galaxy has a noise-cancelling microphone. I don't think the Sensation does. I still need to do a test call on the Sensation. My cousin so far has heard the Galaxy and she said it was excellent.

The reviewer I think said the battery life on the Galaxy is better?!? Maybe I misunderstood. I've read the Sensation's is longer...but I could be wrong. If you read the article and watch the video at the end, let me know what you think! I want to get either phone tomorrow! So let me know at your earliest convenience!

Also:

HTC Sensation vs Samsung Galaxy S II [Video] - SlashGear

HTC Sensation 4G vs. Samsung Galaxy S II Dogfight Part 1 | PhoneDog

HTC Sensation 4G vs. Samsung Galaxy S II Dogfight Part 2 | PhoneDog

But now wondering if I can argue the point to them about getting my $50 re-stock fee on the BB I took back refunded. Really don't feel I should have had to do that when the phone in my opinion was defective. Maybe I should write T-Mobile with the intent of canceling my contract and see if they give-in and give back my $50?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...