Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

IM Communicator

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by ilyabyk83, Mar 20, 2009.

1. ilyabyk83

ilyabyk83 New Member

Hello guys. I am fairly new to this world and to this forum, so please take it easy on me.

I use a HTC P4351 Unlocked. I use it on T-Mobile network.

My First Question: The ROM version I have right now is - 4.24.422.1 WWE
    Do I need to update it?? Is there a simple way of doing it??

My Second Question: Before I bought this unlocked device, I had\used T-Mobile Wing. This phone had this one app, made by "OZ Messaging". It was a client for AIM/ICQ/Y. Is there a way of getting a ROM with this app so that I can extract it from there, somehow? Or an app of this sort?? Another little problem with it is: I tried several applications like this. I need to have a connection to the internet. I don't have internet option on my phone. What I do have, is unlimited any kind of messaging. My guess is: it used my SMS gateway, since I don't have mobile net.

So to make this simple:
    1. I'm wondering if I need to update my ROM?
    2. Can I find a ROM, with it, or THAT separate application for my messaging needs? I would need this app to vibrate when my phone is set to vibrate mode? .
    3. **VERY IMPORTANT** I don't have "Mobile Internet" on the device. I never never ever did, but that OZ Messaging client was still able to log on any of those 3 networks. Whenever I needed to log on, in the log in process, it would to turn on my GPRS connection. I set that connection up myself. I found a way. So right now, whenever I send a Picture Message, it turns it on and sends it. I tested it out. Instead of entering a phone number, I enter my e-mail address, and it works both ways, it sends and if I reply to that message I received from my phone, it receives it back on the device. It used that same "connection" for AIM/ICQ/Y before on the Wing, also.

Is there an app that can use that kind of a connection/or is there a way for me to find this one?
    Guys, please be as simple as possible. I'm not a "guru" in this field.
    Thank You People. I hope I’m posting my question in the right spot, and I hope to get some help on this. Thank You once again.

#1 ilyabyk83, Mar 20, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  2. ilyabyk83

ilyabyk83 New Member

I figured it out, I need for this app to use SMS Gateway!!