Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

If you have a 3360 and are sick of its poor battery life, buy the Lithium battery from Newegg!

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by erub, May 23, 2002.

1. erub

erub Junior Member

Copied from my post at another forum:

This battery is awesome!!! For $22, you cannot go wrong. I received it Friday night. First thing I notice is it is thicker than the stock battery, and doesnt exactly sit right in the socket. It hangs out a little bit. But this appears to be a good thing, for the first few days at least. I had a problem with the stock battery sliding out of the holder, and the phone turning off. This has not happend yet with this battery. I charged it for about 16 hours Friday night-Sat morning until around 11 am. It is now 60 hours (2.5 days later), and I have been billed (according to Cingular's website) for 71 airtime minutes (probably used the phone for about 45 mins talktime). This time includes some wireless web action, and a little Snake too [​IMG] I still have 3 bars left, and one of the bars just ticked away this afternoon.

With the stock battery, once I went down from 4 bars to 3 bars, all I had to do was turn off the phone and turn it back on and I'd be left with only 1 bar. The phone would soon die ~10 min talktime later or a coupla hours of standby. I've done this a few times, and it still shows 4 bars (although once after a conversation, it was down to 4 bars, then after an off/on switch, it went back to 5!) With the stock battery, on a weekend (when I used the phone the most) it would be on the last bar by later Saturday night (12 hours and about 30 mins of talktime later).

My phone is much lighter now, it doesn't put quite the weight in my pocket that the other one did. Still a little heavier than I would like though. My friend also has a 3360 with the stock battery, and I had him hold both of ours, and he was amazed at the difference.

In short, this battery is awesome. If your still using the stock battery, take the $15 plunge and send newegg your money!

Update:
    Last night (Wednesday), I was down to 1 bar of battery life. I charged it for about ~15 minutes at home (and it went up to 2 bars). I used my phone some last night (probably about 15 mins of airtime), and even when it dropped to 1 bar, no low battery messages. I charged it overnight last night and of course it still has 5 bars (about 7 hours later). I'm amazed though - 3.5 days, with probably about 70 minutes of talktime (plus a lot of Snake, hehe), and it still had a little juice to go [​IMG]

2. NickC

NickC Junior Member

I agree. I also love that you can keep the phone topped up - Li-ion batteries actually do better that way. I got mine from Ebay.

3. Jim

Jim Member

Confused with $15. Newegg shows battery for $8 Do you have the model L001 or L002?

4. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Can erub or anyone else with the same battery tell me how much continuous talk time you can use the phone for? I tested the original battery (BMC-2) this way:

I charged up the phone until it took no more charge. Then, I called my home phone and just left the line connected until the phone died. Of course, I did this during my off-peak minutes. It took about 175 minutes to die from beginning to end.

I just bought the BMC-3 from Nokia and it seems to perform much better. I still have to do the same test with the BMC-3 now. I will post the results. However, I would like someone with the Newegg battery to do the same and post the results.

Something very important to keep in mind is the signal strength. If the signal is weak, the phone uses more power and the battery dies sooner therefore affecting the test results. In my case I got a signal about -75dB RSSI when I tested. I will conduct a new test under the same conditions with the BMC-3 battery and post the results here.

BTW, has anyone heard about the Li-Polymer battery selling on ebay? They claim is 1200mAH. This surpasses the BMC-3 which is 950mAH. Erub, what's the rating in mAH of your battery?
    And, yes it costs $8.00...maybe erub is including the shipping?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I completed the test for the BMC-3 battery. After it was fully charged I called my home number and left the phone connected until the battery died. It lasted 222 minutes to drain. That's 47 minutes more talk time than the original BMC-2 battery. Reception was at -81dB RSSI, I couldn't get it better than that for some reason. The phone kept warning me about low battery for about 15 minutes. This is good to know as when you are in a conversation you know about how much time you have before you get cut off. The BMC-2 lasted 175 minutes at -75dB RSSI in my other test. Another thing I noticed is that the 3360 doesn't get warm when used for a long time like other Nokias. If anyone has a 3360 with a Li-Ion 1200mAH battery and can do this test under similar conditions please post the results here.

BMC-2 is NiMH rated at 640mAH.
    BMC-3 is NiMH rated at 950mAH.
    Other generic brands can be Li-Ion rated as high as 1200mAH.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Infinity

Infinity New Member

Anyone heard anything on the POLYMER 1250 mah batteries I've seen on ebay for around $20? Should I spend the $5 more for the polymer or just get the li-ion 1200 from newegg for $8?

7. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I've heard of it but I haven't tried it. With 50mAH more than the newegg battery you are not going to notice any difference in talk time or standby time, but there might be a difference in how much lifetime the battery has in the long run.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

The 1250 mAH li-polymer batteries rock... I bought one from an ebay vendor I think it was kt_inc and it has been superior in the 6 months I have been using it.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

PS. I only paid 12.99 from kt_inc for the battery

10. Infinity

Infinity New Member

Damn, kt_inc is now trying to sell them at a starting bid of $17.99 or buy it now for $24.99 + $4.99 shipping...

11. Guest

Guest Guest

WOW!!!!!! Glad I bought mine when I did (Like 6 to 8 months ago!) BUT, in defense, the battery hasn't let me down at all. it would be worth the 17 bucks especially if you have a battery hog like a 3360.

12. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Makes you wonder if the 3360 uses tubes or transistors...[​IMG]

13. Infinity

Infinity New Member

I'm sure it's a great battery, I just wonder if its worth double the price of the 1200 Li-ion for $8 from newegg...

14. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Does NewEgg actually have those batteries? Everytime I go there they are always out of stock on it. [​IMG]