Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

I'd love to start a class-action against Apple

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by KevinJames, Jun 8, 2012.

1. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    But I wouldn't know where to start...

I am so angry at Apple for them now trying to stop the Galaxy S3 from coming to the States. Their last action managed to hold up the HTC X in customs on false charges. Just recently, another news source indicated that a judge threw out a lawsuit Apple did against Moto, also determining that it was baseless. I think it is about time the U.S. consumers speak up and tell Apple to take a flying leap. Admittedly, I've never cared for Apple products but their business practices are even worse. It borders on criminal bullying and monopolizing.

Apple you will never get ANY business from me. Even if you GAVE me one of your products, I wouldn't keep it. I don't care how good your products claim to be, your arrogant dealing with consumers (locking them into your services), and bullying your competition has just gotten to be too much. If a class-action is ever initiated against you, I'll be glad to join in. You prevent the American public from getting the devices they want. Your "there is no right religion but Apple" is dark-ages thinking.

3 people like this.
  2. Eileen89

Eileen89 Bronze Senior Member

I couldn't agree with you more on this. As a matter of fact I just got done posting the following on one of the Apple sites that I belong to:

"I've been waiting for the GS3 for a long time and will most likely buy one. I've had enough of Jailbreaking my iPhone in order to get some of the features that really should be available on it right out of the box. As for Apples frivilous lawsuit games, I've had just about enough of them. While I still like Apple and will continue to use my iPad, these lawsuits of theirs that keep great smartphone devices held up overseas are getting absolutely ridiculous at this point. To me, it makes them look like they are afraid of anything that will offer any sort of competition to the iPhone."

2 people like this.
  3. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    If I understand correctly, the basis of Apple's attempt to block sales of Samsung, HTC, etc., is that they have infringed on an Apple patent. I don't know the laws on this kind of thing exactly, but to me it makes no sense that a patent infringement should be a basis of stopping sales on something. Especially if it hasn't even been proven in a court of law that a patent infringement took place in the first place.

I would say let the device in, let it sell, and if it is determined later that a patent violation did in fact occur, then make the guilty company pay the appropriate royalties, fees, etc. at that time that guilt is proven. Otherwise Apple can on a whim just say every new device is violating their patents and try to block every phone from being sold. What happened to being innocent until proven guilty? :confused:

I guess Apple sees the Galaxy III as a real threat to iPhone sales and is pulling any punch they can, including ones below the belt.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    2 people like this.
  4. music4praise

music4praise Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola W766
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Ting
    I find it ironic--perhaps even self-contradictory--that this thread lamenting Apple's patent lawsuits starts with a wish to start a class action suit. If there was ever a type of legal action in which no one wins except the lawyers, the class action is it.

Having said that, I do agree that it is out of control--and Apple is not the only guilty party.

5. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    I imagine it's rooted in anger at Apple's sleazy buisness practices, with the desire to "fight fire with fire" or to give Apple "a taste of their own medicine".

Of course you can find smaller instances of patent violations, and companies suing each other, however most of the bigger stuff seems to be "Apple vs. Everyone Else". I've never heard of Nokia, Motorola, RIM, etc, trying to block imports of each others phones. They usually manage to "play nice" for the most part amongst each other.

Actually, I find it strange that Apple continues to pick a fight with Samsung, the company that supplies 25% of iPhone parts to Apple. Hmm, maybe one day some shipments of Samsung parts won't show up on Apple's door-step and the next iPhone will be delayed? Hmm, wouldn't that be a shame :coolshade

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    3 people like this.
  6. music4praise

music4praise Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola W766
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Ting
    I don't agree about others playing nice. Apple has been in the news a lot recently but this has been going on a long time.

Motorola Mobility Wins Ruling on Microsoft Xbox Patents - Bloomberg

Oracle-Google Trial Heats Up

ITC judge recommends banning Xbox imports | Internet & Media - CNET News

Microsoft seeks to block imports of certain outdated Motorola phones from the United States | TalkAndroid.com

LG Patent Suit Tries to Block PS3 Shipments | GameFront

7. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    If I wasn't already clear, my anger is from a consumer viewpoint. We are the ones getting the shaft just as much the competing vendors. But Crab Apple's actions to stop imports is just plain shameless. They've already been shot down with the HTC claim. The lawyers of Crab Apple are making their company name a stench, especially when their claims are thrown out by the courts as frivolous.

Yes, I agree that law suits are out of control, but it was my hope if the public sends a clear message to Apple that they are sick and tired of the games, just maybe someone with half a brain inside Apple will call off the dogs. I really wonder if those buying the HTC product that was held up in customs could turn around and form a class action that their right to freedom of choice was violated. It may be a stretch, but from some of the other "interpretations" of law I've seen lately, it wouldn't be half as bad as these others I've read about. Maybe we could find some ambulance chaser or one of those guys on TV ready to represent you if you were exposed to asbestos. Maybe they'd work on pro bono.

I don't wish financial evil on Apple--there are a lot of families depending on income from the company. I just want Apple to stop all their whining. Hmmm.... Maybe they should be acquired by Samsung. Of course the only thing Samsung would get from them is bits and pieces of code that would help their video/audio sub-systems. From what I read, that is pretty much all that Apple really has to show for itself--ear and eye candy at illegal "recreational d--r-u-g" prices.

2 people like this.
  8. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Just read the news today. Apple failed to prevent the release of the Galaxy S3. I wonder if there was up-surge of cardiac arrests in Cupertino.

In other news, even Apple fan-boys are disappointed with the new iOS release. No real innovation. Apparently they were all too busy suing in order to concentrate on actually improving their product line.

In still other news... Although Verizon was stupid enough to actually put it writing, it is pretty much the operating standard of all businesses--Just in case we actually thought they were concerned about their customers more than the bottom line, our rose-colored glasses were ripped off our faces and our tiny bubble of self-importance was popped when Verizon noted that the bottom line is all they are in it for. I must be a genius--I already knew that. LOL

1 person likes this.