Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

i730

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows Mobile Phones' started by scottb, Apr 14, 2005.

1. scottb

scottb Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Galaxy S20
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Wirelessly posted (Treo 600: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 95; PalmSource; Blazer 3.0) 16;160x160)

It can't be too far off if it's on eBay!

http://cellphones.engadget.com/entry/1234000400040189

2. JerryNycom

JerryNycom New Member

3. incellhell

incellhell New Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo PM-8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
  4. incellhell

incellhell New Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo PM-8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    "For the record this is the one with EV-DO, a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, Windows Mobile 2003 SE (not Windows Mobile 5.0), 64MB of RAM, an SDIO expansion card slot, 802.11b WiFi, and Bluetooth." http://cellphones.engadget.com/entry/1234000873046377/

Do any of you know if it is a good or bad thing that the operating system is windows mobile 2003 se and not windows mobile 5.0?

5. incellhell

incellhell New Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo PM-8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
  6. scottb

My Phone:
    Galaxy S20
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.08 (PDA; NF32PPC3AR/1.01) NetFront/3.2)

It's here' it's in my hands, it has WiFi and it's pretty cool.

#6 scottb, Jun 28, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2005
  7. incellhell

incellhell New Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo PM-8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    So what do you think of your i730?

8. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    The built in Power point view would have been nice to have, but I'm not so sure the differences in the OS are really that big.

I was setting up my old HP Jornada 568 yesterday as a GPS only device for my car and not too much has changed, just minor tweaks etc. but the basic functionality is still there.

The Hardware on these devices is growing faster than the OS changes.

I guess for now I'll keep using my XV6600, but I do wish I had the better battery life of the i730.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. scottb

My Phone:
    Galaxy S20
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    So far it's a pretty nice phone. The only thing that bothers me is when the slide is closed, it just feels a little "loose" to me. It would be nice if it had more of a latched feel when closed. There's a little play in it.

I loaded some programs on it without doing it slowly, carefully and monitoring performance, so I ended up doing a hard reset today. It was very low on memory and would not connect to the Internet. I think I'll just use it as is for a while before trying to add stuff to it.

Nice screen, nice speakerphone, pretty responsive to use. RF seems good and the audio quality is good. Pocket IE is a little slow, but much faster than my i600 was. However, I can't visit WAP sites with it. I was never real crazy about Pocket Outlook, but that's what's on it, so that's what I'll use. It's nice that Wireless Sync comes with it too. The WiFi is a little flakey (sometimes I can't enable it without a soft reset), but it works well when it works. It comes with Pocket Word and Pocket Excel--that's nice.

10. incellhell

incellhell New Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo PM-8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    have you tried downloading a different media player? I hate Windows media so I downloaded GSPLAYER which has phenomenal sound quality, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get it to stream radio stations (radioio in particular).

11. scottb

My Phone:
    Galaxy S20
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    No, I have not tried a different media player. I have listened to some content via PIE and Windows Media Player, but that's all I've done.

12. eruptive

eruptive New Member

I need to have mobile e-mail access. I was considering a Blackberry or a Treo 650. I have a Palm and a cell phone, and wanted something that I can get my email on the instant it arrives (which a Balacberry will do, but a Treo won't), but I also wanted something with a touchscreen and intuative applications (which a Treo has but a Blackberry doesn't), Today, a friend of mine reccomended the i730 with Verizon service (which I currently have).
    Does anyone knoe if the i730 offers "push through" email service like the Blackberry does? Also, can it be used well as a phone? Does it have Bluetooth so I can have one of those small earpieces and everyone will think that I am talking to myself?

Please forgive all of the :loony: questions. I am new to this forum but think its really great. Thanks.

13. scottb

My Phone:
    Galaxy S20
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Check out the i730 forum on pdaphonehome.com for all the details about Wireless Sync push mail on the i730. It's been very active since the i730 was released and is a great source of information. Wireless Sync is also available for the Treo.

It does work well as a phone and it does have Bluetooth. It also has WiFi for use at those Internet cafes. You can't, however, have the radio on and WiFi at the same time.

14. kathai27

kathai27 New Member

I just have had mine over the weekend - hate the keyboard, never use it. Miss having AIM on the phone. Was getting yahoo pushed through, which was great! but then it stopped working, dont know why (if anyone can help, thanks!). Can't hear that great on a phone call - I keep playing with the volume with no luck - this is with phone as well as when using bluetooth. I am not convinced yet - comparing this phone to the Moto E815 or the LG vx8100 before my 15 days run out. Does anyone know - with regular Web 2.0 that is on Moto and LG, can you browse the web the same way you can with this i730? I do like that feature!

15. scottb

My Phone:
    Galaxy S20
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Wirelessly posted (Samsung i730: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

@kathai27, You can use Agile Messenger (free) for AIM. I assume you're referring to Wireless Sync when you mention "yahoo pushed". Check the i730 forum on pdaphonehome.com for all the information there. You can also look at the error log online on the WS Web site--it might help. Tap the WS icon in the tray and make sure push is enabled. The earpiece is very sensitive to position. If it is not positioned just right the volume sounds low. I think you will get a much better browsing experience out of the i730 with a (somewhat) fully capable browser then you would with a WAP 2.0 browser that can display html.

16. kathai27

kathai27 New Member

Thanks Scottb,
    I actually have yahoo pushed thru (is that the term?) via Messaging under Accounts. I just tried wireless sync last night and have yet to figure out what my password is to do it...but I am excited to try it.

17. scottb

My Phone:
    Galaxy S20
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Wirelessly posted (Samsung i730: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

If you have a pop account set up for Yahoo! in Pocket Outlook, technically that is referred as pulling mail. I have been using Wireless Sync for a while and I like it. The WS Web site should take you through the steps of creating your account and password. You can read through their instructions in a downloadable pdf file.

#17 scottb, Jul 27, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2005