Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

i600

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows Mobile Phones' started by AnthroMatt, Nov 1, 2004.

1. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Wirelessly posted (Samsung i600: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 176x220))

I think it is safe to say I love this thing!

2. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    I love mine as well, I keep finding new programs for this thing every week:

BetaPlayer- great free media player, that allow's you to fast forward and reverse in songs, and adjust your playlist.

Clearview Suite (document viewers)

Jetcet print, enables ir printing to portable printers

phm registry editor (for hacking up the registry)

resco photo viewer (great for taking pictures of the kids with me.)

Pocket Streets (I'm currently using the old version 2004 I have not seen any compelling reason to upgrade to 2005)

Power Task

Smartphone notes

Tiny eBook Reader

Attachsmart

gnuboy (game boy emulator)

SmartNES (Nintendo Emulator)

Smart Checkers

Smart Grandmaster (chess)

All this plus

Pocket Internet Explorer, Push email with Wireless Sync, All of my contacts, my calendar, MSN messenger, Built in Voice Recorder (with the ability to send voice messages in your emails.)

The only thing that is really missing is bluetooth, but honestly I make to many calls to use bluetooth, I would never be able to keep the headset charged.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. scottb

scottb Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 3a
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Is this a lot better than media player? I haven't used it much.

If you don't have this will photos display in PIE?

What's this do?

I used Wireless Sync for a while but gave it up in favor or using PIE to retrieve my email every 2 hours. Wireless Sync only gives you two choices, manual and every 15 minutes which was overkill for me (and the battery). I also was not comfortable with all my contacts' information out there on a Web site I knew nothing about with no real security statement.

I can't imagine going back to a "regular phone."

4. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I am using Pocket Street 2005. I only upgraded from the 2003 version because the 2003 version only supports the Pocket PC OS, not Smartphone.

5. WirelessBeachBum

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    "I am using Pocket Street 2005. I only upgraded from the 2003 version because the 2003 version only supports the Pocket PC OS, not Smartphone."There was a 2004 version that supported smartphone, which is what I have, I don't think there is a big difference, (they may have added some GPS support) but that isn't practical on the i600.

attachsmart is a little program that allows you to add attachements to your emails.

you can view pictures with pie, but with the photo viewer you can do slide shows and zoom in and out of the pictures.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. twopiece

twopiece D'oh!!

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I agree. One of the big wigs at my company bought it and asked me to configure his email which took approx 5 minutes. Since I needed more extensive testing I went online and browsed the web for a good 45 minutes. :browani:

7. budney

budney Resident Headbanger

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Same here! :D

8. scottb

My Phone:
    Pixel 3a
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Wirelessly posted (Samsung i600: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 176x220))

My wife would say the same about me with my i600. :)

9. Bugwart

Bugwart Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung SCH i760,
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SKT, Verizon, China Mobile, EPlus
    Mine would too.

10. Bluzjamer

Bluzjamer New Member

Ok, I'm thinking I need one of these....Have a Dell Axium but would be nice to have a built in phone and camera. Am tossed between the HP and the Palm Treo 650. I currently have T-mobile but hey I'll switch if I have to.
    What are your thoughts.
    Bluz

11. Bugwart

Bugwart Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung SCH i760,
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SKT, Verizon, China Mobile, EPlus
    All the OS's that I have used: Palm, PPC, Linux, MS Smartphone sync with my PIM on the PC. I use Outlook these days. I like my i600 because the thing is almost bulletproof. The upgrade (i645) will have a camera and EV-DO, which means fast.

It really depends on whether you want a keyboard, touch scrren, or have a particular preference for one particular OS.

12. CaptainLoose

CaptainLoose Member

My Phone:
    RAZR2 v9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I know this is an old thread...was searching for info on i600. I don't see anything on the i645...is there a for real upgrade coming out? If not, I'll probably buy the i600 - just looking for basic business productivity in flip/small phone/pda. But, I might wait for EVDO!

13. scottb

My Phone:
    Pixel 3a
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    All attention seems focused on the i730. I have not heard anything about the i640/i645. There are a lot of i600s on ebay these days if you don't mind a used one.

14. CaptainLoose

CaptainLoose Member

My Phone:
    RAZR2 v9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    The i600 is shown as out of stock on VZW's site. Regardless, its overpriced given what seems to be near release (i730). I need a pda ASAP. If i730 comes out w/in a few weeks, I'll get that, if not, I'll get a cheaper pda and just carry two tools around!
    Thanks for your info.

15. incellhell

incellhell New Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo PM-8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    My wife works at a large software company. They get a deal with Verizon through the company. I'm on Sprint but need to switch for better reception here in Los Angeles and trips to Montana. So, I've been planning on the Blackberry 7520 but, today my wife said the Samsung i730 is coming out next week. Now, my wife cares about this stuff as much as I care about Home and Garden TV, but she's pretty good with dates and ordered one for someone in the office.

Slightly off topic, but do any of you have any personal knowledge or preference between Blackberry 7520 over the Samsung i600 and impending i730?

16. WirelessBeachBum

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Wirelessly posted (XV6600 and Blackberry 7250: BlackBerry7250/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I just upgraded my Blackberry to the 7250, very fast processor and probably the quickest web browser of any pda I've used. (Downside is not much on multimedia). But I have the XV6600 which does evrything else the Blackberry doesn't do.

If the new samsung upgrade to the i600 makes it out I would be surprised, the i600 was a great phone, but I think the new version should include Bluetooth.

The i730 should be out shortly, and although I have played with it some it seemed to be a pretty solid device. I did think the keyboard was a bit small, and the phone seemed thick, but since I left the world of small phones years ago I could live with the size as long as battery life was good (a problem with my XV6600).

17. incellhell

incellhell New Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo PM-8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I'm now leaning towards the i730 over the blackberry because it has a speakerphone and the multimedia. I saw Verizon had the Blackberry 7520 for $49 w/2 year agreement and the i730 through my wife's company is $300 something. Do you know if the i730 has a similar email push technology to the Blackberry?

18. scottb

My Phone:
    Pixel 3a
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 95; PalmSource; Blazer 3.0) 16;160x160)

The i730 will do push email using Wireless Sync. I believe it will come pre-installed on the device.

19. WirelessBeachBum

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    It is rumored to have Blackberry Connect installed as well, but not confirmed.

20. CaptainLoose

CaptainLoose Member

My Phone:
    RAZR2 v9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I sure hope you wife's dates are really accurate! I found the i600 in stores but decided its "old technology"...besides, the i730 is way too cool. I boutht the basic pda but don't like carrying it around plus a phone. So, by Saturday, I have to return the pda...maybe I can swap it out? :browani: