Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

I want normal, good ol' fashion ringers on my phone!!!

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by kargiver, Aug 11, 2003.

1. kargiver

kargiver Member

I want normal, goog ol' fashion ringers on my phone!!!

Hi All,

Recently switched to verizon (from nextel) and I got the LG vx4400 (I wanted a tri-mode and the camera is of no use to me so no vx6000). The ringtones are horrible!!! I want some good, ole fashioned ring tones that I am not embarrassed to hear in a public place. I have tried get it now but they all seem to be just songs. Any suggestions?

One other thing. On a separate note, I got the phone at radio shack. Is this going to be a problem if anything goes wrong with the phone? I can't imagine it being so... I got the insurance plan and I did buy a verizon service plan. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Greg

2. MrFlashport

MrFlashport Junior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo RL2000 Sprint PCS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS, Southern LINC
    My LG VX-2000 has an old fashioned "bell" style ringer. I too, prefer it over all the other ones. (Whatever happened to the good old double gong bells in the old Western Electric 2500 series...well that would make your celphone huge, heavy and bulky but you could hear it over a roar!).

as far as buying your phone from radio shack: BE FOREWARNED, the high pressure sell their EXTENDED WARRANTY which is a *RIPOFF* IMO. IT DOES NOT COVER theft, physical damage (like being dropped, moisture, etc) or any failure they deem to be from "excessive use". GET THE VZW INSURANCE with the ripoff extended service option they push on you when you buy from them. Why? The service plan is PURE PROFIT. And it is a hassle to deal with. Even if say, your phone quits, all they will do is send it to their repair center, which can take WEEKS in some cases. And they do not offer on the spot replacements or loaners. You are better off with the Verizon insurance. Save the 50 bucks they want at the point of sale and get the insurance. You lose your phone, it gets pooped on, whatever- they replace it. But, they will only do this TWICE within a year period.

3. kargiver

kargiver Member

Correct me if I am wrong but this is the one I pay 3.99/month (I think that is what it was)? If it is, that is what I picked. This is my work phone so I wanted insurance to cover the phone if it gets lost/stolen, broken, etc...

Greg

4. MrFlashport

MrFlashport Junior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo RL2000 Sprint PCS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS, Southern LINC
    Yes, you got the insurance which covers ALL loss and failures, including theft, water damage, fire damage, physical destruction, etc. I think it is a good deal especially if you have a high dollar phone.

5. scohen

scohen Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX-4400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I feel your pain on the ringers, and wish I could get some also. I just switched over to verizon and I've got some 30 or 40 ringers with 1 that remotly resembles a ring but even it is a little goofy. I find myself using vibrate almost always. My nokia with cingular had a lot of rings that was better.

But I'll trade the coverage and reception of verizon for the crap ring tones.

6. acranox

acranox New Member

My T720 has two acceptable ringers, I use "Alert 2" the other good one is "Alert 1"
    I can't stand the other stuff...

7. Gage8

Gage8 New Member

I think the question is does anybody know where we can get some better ones?

8. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...