Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

i think the fcc website...

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by Rollindown95, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Rollindown95

Rollindown95 Junior Member

hey everyone, thanks for all the answers on all my posts so far, its really appreciated....today when i was on my lunchbreak, i decided to drive over to these two new cell towers i noticed to see whose they were, and one was owned by crown castle towers or sometin, and the other one just gave an fcc code. So my questions here are:

1. can i find out which carrier both towers are for just by the fcc number posted on the fence around it?

2. also, i saw what was called a "site id" on the fence of one tower, and in the little shed at the base of thr tower, the door had a nextel symbol on it, so i figured the one tower belonged to nextel, but the other one im itching to find out now, so can anyone tell me how if any way on the fcc site i can find out by the numbers i recorded off the fences.????

so lemme get this straight, crown castle builds thw towers like spectrasite comm. and they lease to cell companies to put panels on there, and then charge them as well as any other carriers who want in on it??

2. wirles

wirles I'm baaaaaaaaaack

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4S
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of the above
    A "Tower ID" is the FCC Registration for the structure. It is seachable in the Antenna Structure Registration (ASR) database on www.fcc.gov/wtb

It will give you who owns the tower, but not who is on it. For that, I recommend getting the GPS coordinates (either yourself via a handheld GPS, or from the FCC Registration information) and searching the ULS (Universal Licensing System) on the FCC website. This may give you some extra junk, but you can seach by location and see all of the license holders for a radio in a certain radius.

Yes, Crown Castle, Spectrasite, American Tower, Global Signal (formerly Pinnacle) and many others build/buy/own towers for the purpose of leasing to carriers for revenue. It is a commercial real estate venture.