Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

I think I got the best deal on a $40 California LOCAL plan available right now! (600 Daytime min. wi

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by Geoff, Jul 10, 2002.

1. Geoff

Geoff New Member

Did I get the best deal for California LOCAL plan right now?

I just signed up for this deal with AT&T in California.
    I went through Amazon, used a $5 OFF coupon with free shipping...

The following items were included in this shipment:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal
    1 Call Waiting $0.00 1 $0.00

1 Caller ID $0.00 1 $0.00

1 3-way Conference Calling $0.00 1 $0.00

1 AT&T 00 Information $0.00 1 $0.00

1 Text Messaging, unlimited inbo $0.00 1 $0.00

1 Call Forwarding $0.00 1 $0.00

1 Detailed Billing Chronological $0.00 1 $0.00

1 AT&T VoiceMail with Numeric Me $0.00 1 $0.00

1 Free Nationwide Long Distance $0.00 1 $0.00

1 AT&T 2 Year Contract $0.00 1 $0.00

1 Unlimited Night And Weekend Mi $0.00 1 $0.00

1 Amazon AT&T Folding Insert $0.00 1 $0.00

1 Motorola V60t Phone (AT&T) $0.00 1 $0.00

1 3000 Night and Weekend Minutes $0.00 1 $0.00

1 $35 Waived Activation Fee with $0.00 1 $0.00

1 AT&T Digital Advantage 350 $0.00 1 $0.00

1 50 Additional Minutes $0.00 1 $0.00

1 AT&T Digital Advantage 350 + M $249.99 1 $249.99

Item Subtotal: $249.99
    Shipping & Handling: $6.98

Super Saver Discount: -$6.98

Promotional Certificate: - $5.00

Total: $244.99

$150 REBATE from Amazon and $100 from Motorola. So I get paid $5 for the phone. The only thing I'm going to have to call AT&T and make sure I get the 200 EXTRA daytime minutes promotion that comes with this $40 Digital Advantage plan right now. Their website says it's good until this Saturday. So that's 350+50+200 = 600 daytime minutes and free nationwide long distance from my HOME calling area. Which is all of California, Reno, Las Vegas, big cities of AZ and HAWAII! All the places I go with any frequency! I'm SET for $40/month

2. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Sounds like a DAMN good deal to me. Hope you like your AT&T Wireless service, let us know how it works for you.

3. Geoff

Geoff New Member

I live in San Jose, so the SF Bay Area is where I'll be making 90% or more of my calls from. Friends and coworkers here say that AT&T reception here is great. I'll see soon. The TEST is if it works at my parent's house in the Cupertino hills. HAHA My Dad's Cingular doesn't at all and my current one with Worldcom does very seldom.

4. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    The only negative thing that I see on your previous post is the 2yr contract. (Would have only gone with one year)

From amazon's web site: Sign a two-year contract and receive unlimited Night & Weekend minutes per month free for life, and free service activation (a $36 value).

I also see NOTHING about 200 bonus minutes

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Geoff

Geoff New Member

You're right, there is nothing on the Amazon site about the BONUS 200 minutes. They are in the midst of updating their site this week it seems. I've been watching it very closely. When I first started looking there a week ago, their 'Local' plan only had a small Bay Area map, if you look at it now, it includes NV, AZ, HI and S. Cali, matching the AT&T site. ALSO, when I signed up it still said 8pm nights, I believe that is gone now. So when I call to make sure I get my extra 200 min. I'm going to see if I can say I bought the deal reading 8pm and see what happens.
    It is on the AT&T site under their $40 a month Digital Advantage Plan, that has the 200 BONUS minutes. It's the same $40 a month Digital Advantage plan no matter where you buy it, they just don't update the Amazon site very often.

6. Jack

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Geoff At&t wireless canceled there 8pm night and weekend minutes at the beginning of june and amazon.com never changed it. I suspect that if you call at&t wireless they would tell you that night and weekend minutes start at 9.

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Geoff

Geoff New Member

I know that, but doesn't hurt to try!

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Add insurance to that. Extra 5 dollars.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Keep us updated on that 200 free minutes if u contact ATT!! Thanks [​IMG]

10. Guest

Guest Guest

did they give you the extra 200 minutes?

11. Geoff

Geoff New Member

I just got off the phone with AT&T Customer Care (800)888-7600
    The guy was real nice and explained all the features of my package.
    It's exactly as I expected - 600 Daytime and Unlimited Nights after 9pm and Weekends.
    He activated my Voicemail for me and explained how to set it up. Can't wait to get it!!
    Everything that comes with the plan is lifetime. So even after your contract is up, it will stay exactly the same if you want it to.
    The AT&T website says the extra 200 daytime minutes promotion ends on Saturday, so jump in or cut bait.
    You never know if the next promotion will be better or worse...
    My guess is worse though, that's the way they seem to be headed.
    (NINE PM NIGHTS! SHEEESH!)

12. Jack

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Are you going to keep the plan even with the change in night minutes?

Jack

13. Geoff

Geoff New Member

OH YAH I'm keeping it! (IF I like the service I get from it over the next month) I was expecting 9PM. 600 Min. is way more than I will be able to use, even with 9PM! I'm looking forward to making a BUNCH of calls back home to California, while I'm sitting on the beach in Hawaii for two weeks! And also from my sister's fiance's bachelor party in VEGAS next month! This will really come in handy, when my parent's move up to Reno also. This plan I got really seems tailored to me, that's why I jumped on it. I wasn't expecting to get so many minutes, so they offset the 9PM nights bigtime. I don't like sitting on the phone at all, but like to keep in contact with friends. Since I get off work at 3:30 everyday. They can now call me up anytime and ask "Where are you now?" (Hopefully instead of "Can you hear me now?" I've had 60 min. Daytime per month for the last 3 years, but was only paying $22.50/month with Worldcom. So I didn't really give out my # to many people. Free incoming text messages too! And only 10 cents if i need to send one.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

I walked in today to a ATT wireless store and they said that plan I would have to go through amazon to get the 200 minutes. And any warranty for my phone would have to go through amazon also. I asked if I would be able to add on another line to that for the 15 as it says in the brochure. He said no it would not be available and is only available on the family share plan. Does this sound somwhat right or does this MANAGER not know what he is talking about? Please help. Offer ends tomorrow!! If I get att and don't want it withing the first 30 days how would I be billed for it? Just a monthy bill for the contract but no termination fee? Thanks

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Oh yea. The next promotion will not be ___ good. I was told the details but didn't care to write it down. There will be a activation free of 26? He said 10 dollars off the activation fee. But it was not as good as a plan or so I was told.

16. Geoff

Geoff New Member

THAT is NOT right. The extra 200 daytime minutes is NOT on the Amazon site. It's on the AT&T site! Look for yourself...

AT&T site

Click on VIEW ALL PACKAGES and you will see the extra 200 minutes under the $40/month Digital Advantage Plan.

17. Guest

Guest Guest

But they are the same plan am I correct? They are both digital advantage 350. So how were you planning to get the extra 200 minutes? Through att or amazon?

18. Geoff

Geoff New Member

Yes, in name, they are the same plan on both sites. It's just that that AT&T site has the UP TO DATE plan. Amazon's is probably months old. They are both digital advantage 350. So I knew I'd get the current one, which is of course on the AT&T site! Just order the phone you want with the plan you want on the Amazon site already! You get PAID $5 for the phone, so try out AT&T for a month and if you don't like it CANCEL. I'm sure you just pay the $40 for the first month and keep the phone that they paid you $5 for after the rebates!

19. Guest

Guest Guest

you don know that your worldcom phone is most likely an at&T or Cingular phone and that they did not and never had their own service and just resold right. SO if your woroldcom phone barley works there, it's probably really and AT&T phone and going direct with AT&T wouldn't change a thing.

20. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Nope, if you cancel within your trial period you just pay for the service that you've used but you do have to send the phone back.

21. Geoff

Geoff New Member

Thanks Dan, that makes sense.

Anon - HUH? I didn't have any problems with my Worldcom service, it still works fine. I just decided it was time to get ALOT more minutes and a cool new phone to boot.

22. Guest

Guest Guest

Geoff sorry if I am confusing but I am not getting something. You got your phone off Amazon right? And when you called at&t they told you the amazon plan did include the 200? thanks.

23. Geoff

Geoff New Member

Well it's Sunday now and AT&T has changed the plans on their site. BUT, the +200 minutes is still on the $40 a month plan, but only with a 2-year contract. SO you still get 600 daytime minutes with it. It looks like the only thing they changed was that with a 2-year plan, instead of getting UNLIMITED nights and weekend minutes for life. It now says 3000 N & W for life.
    Yes I got my phone and plan from Amazon. And yes, that plan is the same one as on the AT&T site. AT&T doesn't offer different plans through different outlets. They are all suppose to be the same plans, it's just that alot of stores have out of date brochures and information. Get the current ones from the AT&T site...
    My phone worked GREAT at Pacbell Park yesterday! And so did the Giants, they beat the Rockies bad!! Had a great time in the SUN!!

24. Guest

Guest Guest

<< Thanks Dan, that makes sense.

Anon - HUH? I didn't have any problems with my Worldcom service, it still works fine. I just decided it was time to get ALOT more minutes and a cool new phone to boot.
    >>

Well you said yourself in an earlier post that your worldcom phone seldom worked at your parents house, and I was saying that you should know that the service with Worldcom and AT&T is exactly the same since Worldcom was not a Wireless Carrierm but a Wireless reseller of AT&T, Cingular, Verizon and Sprin.

The TEST is if it works at my parent's house in the Cupertino hills. HAHA My Dad's Cingular doesn't at all and my current one with Worldcom does very seldom.

25. Geoff

Geoff New Member

AHHH, I was figuring no CELL would really work at their house in the hills. BUT, my new one did!! 6 min. call on saturday, clear as a bell. will have to try some more at their house, to see if it was a fluke or not.