Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

I noticed new twin LEDs in phones.

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by viewfly, Sep 23, 2014.

1. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I was in an ATT to view the size of the 6+ iPhone. It's been a while so I surveyed the non Apple selections too.

Lots of nice thin slick metal or polycarbonate phones.

What caught my eye? A few of the newest offerings like HTC, LG and Samsung (I think) had the same pill box 2 color led 'flesh' tone flash that Apple introduced with the 5S. Not just two LEDs but two colored ones. Identical shape and hardware.

Of course with the 6, Apple kept the twin flash but placed it inside a circular aperture instead. Be curious if the others follow suit.

I guess today each brand is within a year of being close to the same as the other.

Found it interesting. The crop of high end phones are all looking very fine and stylish today. I don't like the curved backs though. It fits in the hand but on a table it just wobbles when using it. Been there with the 3&3G

2. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    I had to look to see what my phone has for a "flash". No idea what's inside, but it looks kinda squarish. Of course my N8 has a real flash, but I digress :)

Interesting -- I don't mind the curved back at all. Of course I don't really use my phone on the table, but now that you've mentioned it -- I only see the wobble when pressing hard close to the edge, otherwise it's pretty stable.

3. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    I don't know what flash my Note 3 (or my former Note 2) uses. Never tried to find out because I rarely use it. Now, it is almost pointless to use a flash.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    I use the flash on my phone's camera primarily as a flashlight.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    1 person likes this.
  5. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    My wife uses the flash on her iPhone primarily to scare away opossums :)

6. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I seldom use the flash too. But there are times when it is necessary, like with any camera. The common white LED is too blue. The addition of a warmer yellow color LED balances out flesh tones. A clever engineering detail.

7. Eileen89

Eileen89 Bronze Senior Member

Same here. Once in a while I'll use it in low light picture taking situations.