Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

I need some help with my unlock code

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by lil_tipsy sanyo 8200, May 2, 2006.

1. lil_tipsy sanyo 8200

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Yesterday someone stole my phone and i got it back but now my phones lock code is changed how do i change it with out having to go to the sprint store because they said it will cost 25$ to change it i need a code to unlock my phone A.S.A.P:O

2. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Sprint store is your only option...for a number of reasons, the most important being if someone steals a phone, they should not be able to just call in to have it unlocked.

3. wheresmyfreakinpresent

Sometimes if you call Sprint and ask to have your phone reprogrammed, they will walk you through the steps, and when they tell you ##, and the next six digits are the "keys to the palace" that you need. They can help you get to the menus you need. If the phone number was changed by that mean jerk who stole your phone, I would try all 0's, but if it's totally locked, then you will have to go to the store. They have a device/machine that can give that code to you. Then go in and change it. I asked for a "reprogram" and when they gave me the lock code, I wrote it down on the sticker behind the battery. If someone has the nerve to try to steal my phone, then they also have to be smart enough to know how to use the lock code, so I'm not worried about it being there. (lol)

4. wheresmyfreakinpresent

Do not let them charge you. This is the store's job, to help. Be really firm and tell them you need a manager if the person at the desk tries to push back. You are only there for the lock code, right?! You are not telling them you need a new phone. I am glad that you got your phone back. This a rarity in this world! ;)

5. djcmaz

djcmaz Junior Member

My Phone:
    BLACKJACK / TILT
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SPRINT - (WORK PHONE)/ CINGULAR
    Most Lock Codes Are A One Time Temp Lock Code. It Very Rare For Any Provider To Give You A Permanent Lock Code.

6. wheresmyfreakinpresent

there are two locks codes....one is a one time lock code and the other is a master subsidy lock code.....the latter of which is the one use every day in technical support, so write it down!! It is the \"key to the palace\"! Screens will then be available to you weren\'t aware existed! (if you know what to do with them!)

7. wheresmyfreakinpresent

the comment that preceded my 1st comment has nothing to do with the device\'s lock code. the lock code for the device has a basic default and that ususally is that last 4 digits of the phone number and if you changeds it, it\'s off to the store for you. Also try all 1\'s, 0\'s, & 9\'s as these are the most frequently used, but if this doesn\'t work, take a deep sigh, and call customer service and ask them to help you \"reprogram the phone\" and write down the lock code (six digit code after the ##), and this should get you to a menu and eventually to a security screen, and usually the item it listed as \"others\" depending on the device, but there you can change the actual lock code. Hope this helps!

8. sprintcustomercare

sprintcustomercare New Member

Your problem sounds a little odd to me, and very fishy. The store does want you to take the phone in, they are not going to tell you over the phone what the lock code is because they have access showing rather or not the phone is still Stolen....
    For the protection of our customers we are not going to give out lock codes over the phone, that's what a lock code is for. So just go to the sprint store with ID, prove your ARE The CUSTOMER, and we will have you unlocked in the blink of an eye. Or you can call customer care, with some additional security questions we can help. However if you were denied help thats because the phone is still reported stolen, and explains why you dont want to take the phone into the store.

9. ZaphodB

ZaphodB Signal Go Down De Hole...

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    Generally speaking, if you bring a police report showing the phone was stolen and recovered, they won't charge you... but you need to go in there with positive ID (say, a driver license and/or a passport). If it really was stolen and somebody called in, posing as you, would you want the code given out? Of course not.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. sprintcustomercare

sprintcustomercare New Member

You said it so gracefully, cheers to you!