Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

I need help with an i850.

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by rnot04, Dec 22, 2006.

1. rnot04

rnot04 New Member

I bought my girlfriend an i850 phone for her birthday. From Oct 25th to Nov 20th it showed no problems and turned out to be a great phone and it even held pretty alright service way out where she lives. One day she was turned her phone on to find the phone turns on and off on its own. Sometimes it just wont turn on and other times it will turn on and work for a few minutes then turn off. Sometimes it also will stay on longer. We have put paper and stuff to push the battery against the phone etc... It worked for awhile but we still can't figure out how to get it to work at all.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a fix or knows about this problem in any way. I payed a lot of money for the phone and I can't afford to get her a new one. Please help me.

2. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    the Motorola "i series" phones do do that........i had the i835 for a while and it would reset itself about 20-30 times a day.........it would be charged in the middle of the night and when i turned it on........it would say low battery and die..........sometimes when i put it on the charger it would say invalid battery or invalid charger or it would go from empty to full in 5 secs then it would say charge complete........i take the phone off.......turn it on.........low battery......it dies..........the i series is really buggy like that which is why i shied away from Nextel/Boost

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Rollindown95

Rollindown95 Junior Member

Man, I have the i-850 and i just went thru the exact, i mean the exact same thing, i bought my phone in july 06, and noticed a problem shortly after Thanksgiving, so i took it to APS wireless, and i had it upgraded and i had a new battery put in and told the techs about the prob, since the upgrade and new battery, no probs, hopefully it stays that way, i think it was a dud battery, but then again, what are the odds u got a dud too? anyways, my battery is lasting longer now, and for now, im happy, but if u have an authorized repair center near you, especially an APS wirless, i highly suggest telling them the problem, and asking them to install the newest java software on ur phone.;)

4. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    seems kind of odd the software upgrade had anything to do with it.......prolli just a faulty japanese battery though like you said but was your phone doing reset cyzles where it would start resetting and it wouldnt stop???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...