Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

I need Alltel mobile broadband!

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by barleyct, Jun 11, 2009.

1. barleyct

barleyct New Member

I live in central Virginia and am unable to get the Alltel mobile broadband service because all the stores have converted over to Verizon Wireless. I have tried to order the service through their website and phone support to no avail. I am hesitant to go with Verizon Wireless as they charge $0.20/MB over the 5GB limit while Alltel's service is limitless. Is there anyway around this? Can I call a store out of state to set up service and have them ship me the modem and service? If I drive to North Carolina where some Alltel stores still exist, will they let me sign up for service even though I have a Virginia license? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. royc

royc Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V262
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Alltel)
    I'm afraid you're too late. Alltel no longer exists in the "retained" areas of Virginia. The billing systen conversion to Verizon was completed there a couple of weeks ago. You're account is now a Verizon account, right? If so, you're of of luck. From what I've read, after conversion you can still make minor changes to an existing Alltel plan, but you won't be able to add a new one.

royc

3. barleyct

barleyct New Member

No I don't currently have service with Alltel or Verizon Wireless, I was curious how to get Alltel mobile broadband being in Virginia. If I drive to North Carolina or call one of their stores, will they let me have the service even though my license and billing address are both in Virginia?

4. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

No.

Alltel (Verizon) will quickly notice that ALL your usage is not coming from the market where you bought the equipment and will terminate your service WITH CAUSE. If under contract, the Early Termination Fees WILL be enforced. Others have tried this too, and you have to know that Verizon/Alltel is on the lookout for this!

You missed the boat.

5. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

Sorry man. I tihnk there is a higher plan that doesn't have the 5GB cap or you may have to look at Sprint and see what they have. I know some people tether with their data phone and don't get charged on Sprint but I would advise against that.

6. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

There isn't a Verizon Wireless plan above 5GB. Frankly for a large majority that limit is fine, although for a few it isn't (like me. I downloaded 12GB yesterday). For them, they need to find another internet connection method or resort to "gasp" dialup, like a majority of the world uses.

Incidentally, why are we even bringing up Verizon plans here? The OP should ask what Alltel has available here and what he can do with Verizon Wireless over on the the Verizon Wireless board.

7. grazzzy

grazzzy Junior Member

he brought it up here because he erroneously thought he could stay with alltel and you corrected him on that in your first post. why are the rest of this bunch taking his post off-topic?