Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

I need advise quick! Sprint VS Verizon???

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by alectra2000, Oct 14, 2008.

1. alectra2000

alectra2000 New Member

My Phone:
    LG-VX9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I need to know the better way to go.:confused: I never had a problem with Sprint before, but I currently have a Verizon phone, (not good service though) should I bite the cost for the termination and get a nextel blackberry through Sprint. or stick with my LG Dare with Verizon???:loony: Let me know as soon as you can on any ideas or advise please! Thanks.:browani:

2. RadioFoneGuy

RadioFoneGuy Powered by HTC FUZE

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Nokia 6103, 6010, 2260
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The death star formally known as Cell One.
    Depends what area you live in really and your needs.

Verizon and Sprint may not be the only carrier choices or the best choices for you in your area.

Nextel Blackberrys are reliable for plain email with no attachements but painfully slow in most regards.

There may be other options depend on what area. Dont rule out Alltel, AT&T, Tmobile, AT&T and possible US Cellular. All of these companies offer Blackberry service.

On the home page to Wireless Advisor you have a search function where you can put in your Zipcode and see what is available.

Most companies have a test drive period. Good luck.

3. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Well if you say Sprint service worked better and you can save money with Sprint I would lean towards that. But of course you have to consider the termination fee as well.

4. alectra2000

alectra2000 New Member

My Phone:
    LG-VX9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    With my husband having Sprint/Nextel already, hands down there better cause all the talking we do together is free,:rolleyes: and dont we all love free. I think what I really need to know is what phone is better.:confused: I love playing games on my phone. and I have to pay alot to get games on the LG Dare (with BREW) and I do know the blackberry curve has (Java=free games)I love the music I can dounload. and I love typing (emailing). So I want to know what phone would be better for me. Its a big decision with the money involved thats why I want as much advise as I can get, I want to make it worth my time, and money.:browani:

5. Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton 10 years scandal free....

My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    I would suggest that you get a phone that uses the Sprint network if you are going to switch. There is really not much reason to get a Nextel phone anymore.

Coverage is good and Sprint has cheaper plans in my opinion. If you pick out a Sprint plan, I have found the same thing is usually $10-$20 more per month with Verizon.

6. Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton 10 years scandal free....

My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    The Curve is a very nice device, check out the Windows mobile devices also. The HTC Touch Pro is coming out... this week I think? You can still get your e-mail. Good luck.

7. ace41690

ace41690 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I love my BB curve. I strongly suggest you dont have anything to do with the old nextel network, get the curve for sprint, its MUCH better. You get navigation, fast internet, pretty much whatever you want in a phone.

8. RadioFoneGuy

RadioFoneGuy Powered by HTC FUZE

My Phone:
    Nokia 6103, 6010, 2260
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The death star formally known as Cell One.
    The Mogul, Curve and Treo 800 are all sweet Sprint phones.

Does Sprint offer a EVDO capable BB? Depends on how much online use you plan on using if you have a Dare you may want to stay with a EVDO capable device.