Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

I Made A Huge Mistake Ordering My New iPhone 6 Through My Carrier

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by charlyee, Nov 12, 2014.

1. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Eileen89 and budney like this.
  2. budney

budney Resident Headbanger

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I am glad I just waited, and went to an Apple Store. Like I mentioned in the i6+ unboxing thread the Apple Store had a lot more in stock than what was showing on Apple's site.

Eileen89 likes this.
  3. Eileen89

Eileen89 Bronze Senior Member

Apple typically takes care of their own first and the carrier's last. In past years there was always a wait for carrier orders as well. However, due to the higher demand for this years newer larger iPhones the wait times are much longer. Even Apple.com store orders are still seeing wait times of 3-4 weeks depending on the phone and storage capacity ordered.

Sent from my 128GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk.

4. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I don't normally order via ATT, but was forced to because of the Next program. I'm glad that I got lucky and received mine in a week.
    I really think Apple saves phones for itself, and others have said, and then reserves them for carriers in new countries and they launch, placing ATT, Verizon in the backwaters.

It makes me wonder the future of Next. If I have to bring my old phone in for inspection before I can order, that limits me for preordering or even making a transaction for launch day. The ATT staff had no idea how to handle my situation.

5. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    [QUOTE="viewfly]It makes me wonder the future of Next. If I have to bring my old phone in for inspection before I can order, that limits me for preordering or even making a transaction for launch day. The ATT staff had no idea how to handle my situation.[/QUOTE]Apple doing the provider financing is new this year, so no one really knows for sure.

I asked at the Apple Store and was told if I am eligible to upgrade via NEXT, I can order through Apple, but didn't know how the phone gets back to AT&T.

I figured if that was not the case I will pay my NEXT off which will reset my eligibility and then I can go through Apple like I did eventually this year.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    That is good to hear...but on pre order day...the Apple website would not let me order, because of Next. Basically, you need to get your old phone, 'pass inspection' before they will ship. There was some talk that you will a hold on your CC until the old phone is returned and approved...but that never happened. And at ATT, the staff thought it was a good question, but they had no guidance from corporate on it at all.

I hope they work this out, otherwise, your recourse it the path..but they you are stuck with a phone to sell on eBay, and it will cost you more out of pocket in the end.

#6 viewfly, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2014
  7. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Doing the Math, I would owe $340 after 12 payments. I would easily get $150 more than that.

If I pay it off I can get it unlocked and will be easier sell. Btw I sold my 5s on iMore.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

8. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I guess that is true. Just a PITA.