Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

I learn something new everyday...

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by viewfly, Apr 21, 2005.

1. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    My permission to flame me if everyone else knows this feature on the Nokia operating system (at least on the 6230). I didn't.

Travelling through central PA, the family was ready for lunch, but it HAD to be Friendly's. Using the Google SMS feature, I typed in Friendly's Danville PA. Within a few seconds I got back the SMS for a Friendly's, address and phone number at the next turnpike exit.

I wanted to call the restaurant for more specific directions, but didn't have a pencil to write down the number. If I type the number, I would lose the SMS display. Ok, it's only 10 digits, but then I discovered that if I hit Options in the SMS message, I got something called 'use detail'. Hit that menu and up came 'PHone number, web address, email'. HIt Phone number, and bingo, it extracted out of the SMS message the phone number, the google message number, and the zipcode. Scrolled down to phone number, selected and hit options where I could save the Contact or place a call.

Pretty neat feature! Didn't need that pencil or my brain memory at all.

Well, maybe everyone else read the Nokia manual and knew this one.