Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

I know most new cars have Bluetooth. My 2007 doesn't+

Discussion in 'ANDROID Phones, Tablets and Devices' started by kjo, Sep 21, 2017.

1. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure (2015)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cricket
    I have an older blue ant speakerphone but the a2dp doesn't work quite right I think and as of October 1st here in Oregon we really have to be completely hands free. Literally a cop can pull us over even if he thinks we had phone in hand. So my handsfree has to be working at full capacity. It works for calls but when I get a text message my Moto asks me if I want to hear message etc and reply. If the Bluetooth on it doesn't hear me and then says sorry we aren't connecting right now. So then I have to touch screen and tap microphone to reply. My understanding is the a2dp is to blame? Blue ant says it does it but not compatible with Moto X? I think I need to just update to a newer speakerphone. I'm looking at with a Moto Roadster 2 tz710 or a Moto SonicRider tx550.
    I would appreciate opinions and any suggestions. Come October 1st I'll be in trouble. Ugh. And yes I'm safe. I don't text unless I can voice the text okay Google etc. and that all works but NOT if blue ant on but I need the speakerphone as phone speaker itself is just not loud enough. Thank thank you. Eventually can upgrade stereo to include Bluetooth but a root canal decided it needed the money first. Go figure. Ha ha

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    palandri likes this.
  2. dmapr

dmapr Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    Urgh. Bluetooth is probably the most flaky of all wireless protocols I've encountered. The best advice I can give is make sure whatever BT equipment you get can be returned for a full refund and then proceed to test it to the fullest.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

kjo likes this.
  3. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy

My Phone:
    Nexus 6P
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    Can't you use one of the "OK Google" voice commands with your Moto?

4. dmapr

dmapr Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    If I read the OP correctly the "OK Google" doesn't work when BT is connected and the speakerphone on the Moto is not loud enough :(

kjo and palandri like this.
  5. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy

My Phone:
    Nexus 6P
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    Thank, I didn't throughly read his post before answering.

What about plugging in a set of ear buds? I don't think he can have both in while driving, but if he was using just one in his ear, that maybe loud enough for him to hear and use OK Google voice commands.

Just a thought.

6. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    her ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    kjo, dmapr and palandri like this.
  7. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure (2015)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cricket
    I can and that works great but when connected to Bluetooth it won't work to answer? Etc.

8. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure (2015)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cricket
    I can and have one but here in Oregon as of the first we are supposed to be one hundred percent handsfree other than a swipe or to activate navigation etc. no more holding whatsoever. Huge fines.

9. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure (2015)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cricket
    So supposedly blue ant has an update but it won't work on Windows 10. So I'm gonna dig out my old tower and plug it in and see if update corrects issues? Otherwise it's looking like either the roadster or the Jabar freeway. Silly that blue ant software won't update on a 64 bit system or Windows 10. Good thing I have my older Windows xp tower saved for stuff like this.

Oh and totally off topic but I just want to share her. This is my first dog I've ever had. She's 11 months old. Have had her since she was 6 weeks old. Her name is Lumi ❤️ She has kept me busy with classes and doggy things. I've socialized the heck out of her. She goes everywhere. Loves the ocean, water, doesn't bark much or react to things example vacuums....fireworks. She sat in a chair on the 4th and watched. Lol

Attached Files:

JFB and charlyee like this.
  10. dmapr

dmapr Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    Cats and dogs are totally on topic in any thread, it's a well known internet rule. Especially a cutie like Lumi

kjo likes this.
  11. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure (2015)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cricket
    Awe thanks ❤️ She's helped me a lot with feeling happier after all my spinal problems and surgeries/fusion. Gives me something to smile about even when having a not so good paîn day. She really is a sweet pup.

charlyee and dmapr like this.
  12. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone 6S Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I’m hoping my Apple AirPods will fix my Bluetooth phone problems in my older SUV. Can use only one if necessary. I read the noise cancellation is good.

Cue puppy, too. I miss our dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. dmapr

dmapr Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    In the short time my wife had the AirPods she noticed that they only worked when both were inserted. I'm curious as to how you configure them to work as a single.

14. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone 6S Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    It took a bit of experimentation to figure it out. But it just works, actually.

Use only one AirPod to start, start the music and it works. Then insert another one later, and both start playing automatically. Taking one out will pause, until replacing it and the music will restart. If you decide to take one out permanently , causing a pause, just hit play again to continue with one only. When you read the second, both start working.

This way you can share a set of AirPods with your wife.

So for driving, just insert one, and it will work alone.

I think with both in, the left/right microphone work to enhance the noise reduction, better than just one.

It’s kind of neat, and well thought out. There was nothing to configure. There are settings to change from default, but it wasn’t necessary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

#14 viewfly, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    dmapr likes this.
  15. dmapr

dmapr Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    Cool, I definitely remember her inserting one and hitting play and nothing happening. But then nearly a year has passed since she had them.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

16. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone 6S Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Well it definitely works now! Something must of happened when she hit play. Where did the musics play through, if not the single AirPod?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. dmapr

dmapr Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    I don't remember, I think that nothing happened, it just immediately paused, but I may be wrong.

18. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure (2015)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cricket
    I ended up grabbing a Jabra Freeway. So far so good. I think it'll work out pretty good. Have 30 days to decide for sure. Now I just gotta get the mount down good. Having some issues with that due to the very big dashboard. My old holder that I loved doesn't work. The vent one is okay but not the best. I never could get the stupid blue ant to update. On my old tower or nothing. Just kept giving me error codes. So it's going to be in hubbys car for emergency for him. I gotta say their customer service was not helpful at all.

dmapr, palandri and charlyee like this.
  19. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy

My Phone:
    Nexus 6P
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
  20. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure (2015)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cricket
    So far so good. Nice and loud device. My phone is being a pain though. Sometimes now my okay google works when screen locked and other times it doesn't work right.

I think it's struggling between the google app and Moto Voice app. You know when I had my v360 phone the Bluetooth worked automatically. Would turn off and on by itself. I wish this phone would do that. Any android hidden secrets I don't know about?. Ha ha