Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

I Have officially Dumped SPRINT..

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by djcmaz, Jun 8, 2006.

1. djcmaz

djcmaz Junior Member

My Phone:
    BLACKJACK / TILT
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SPRINT - (WORK PHONE)/ CINGULAR
    Well the time has come.. Sprint has made a mess of thier business and I have jumped ship... So glad my company sells more than just Sprint... I wonder how many I can influence into joining forces...:eek:

If a sales representative can get:censored: by this company then watch out America... Somebodies pockets are getting deep and it's not the consumers...:browani:

I wish VZW would put a tower out here so we could start selling thier service too...Need more than one carrier to please all...lol

But untill then Cingular is gonna love my sales stats

2. CellGeek

CellGeek Sprint is the BOMB!

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    All carriers have their problems and there is no exception. Sprint has an excellent network and provides high performance EVDO data that is similar in performance to Verizon and superior to Cingular. Sprint is very aggressive in expanding their coverage and provides a good selection of phones, services, and perks like nights starting at 7:00 PM.

Why do you believe that Sprint has made a mess of their business? That is not a very descriptive or informative comment. Why don't you elaborate and state some facts? :nopity:

3. walkguru

walkguru Wireless Guru

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iphone 3gs 32black
    Wireless Provider(s):
    cingular,family plan w/4 lines
    well, im hoping it works out for you. i tried sprint, and i liked thier phones, but coverage was pretty bad, im in the sticks, and whenever i would call in, they wanted to argue all the time. so i went to a sprint store, same thing. so now im glad to be gone.:mad:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. djcmaz

djcmaz Junior Member

My Phone:
    BLACKJACK / TILT
    Wireless Provider(s):
    well let's just say that they messed with the towers out here where I live and at my home where I have always had good coverage, I no longer have coverage. I research and found they bought out some towers and sold some towers and renegotiated some contracts. Thus somehow affected my coverage. I have argued with them continuosly, upgraded phones, done everything they told me to... $600 dollars later they say... It must be your house.... Like I'm gonna move from the house I've lived in for years and had good service before in... Tey defaulted on thier end and took away my ability to use my service... However they refused to let me out of my contract without paying $150 per line... Well 6 mos. later I found a nice lawyer that knows how to file the right paperwork for only $40.. Not to mention the added filing he did with a complaint to the FCC.... You see I had all the documentation... Sprint had techs with no backup cause they never did what they should have done..

Yes I was only paying $100 plus a month and to them that is pennies, but pennies add up when the person jilted starts moving other customers to another provider...

5. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Sprint has not bought out any towers nor sold any towers that would negatively impact coverage. I don't know who told you that but it's BS. Once a tower is up and running it stays that way. They can in rare situations alter the direction of the towers PN offsets so that could have happened.

Even if that did happen it does not make Sprint a bad company. They have to do what's best for the overall customer experience. Sometimes that means they will sacrifice some coverage to one neighborhood to provide better coverage to another.

6. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    True, and unless you are out in the middle of nowhere and Sprint was the only company covering you, your phone should have gone into digial and analog roam.

7. djcmaz

djcmaz Junior Member

My Phone:
    BLACKJACK / TILT
    Wireless Provider(s):

guess you need to do your research... oh by the way, thier looking at selling some more... read this:

http://www.wibw.com/home/headlines/1100717.html

and another..

http://www2.sprint.com/mr/news_dtl.do?id=5560

8. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Yeah I know all about that deal (which happened a year and a half ago) but that did nothing to change any Sprint coverage. When this deal was first announced it caused a lot of confusion on the forums. Even though Global Signal took over the management of those towers, Sprint still retained all equipment and leases space on all of them just like they did before the transaction. This deal had absolutely no effect coverage wise on Sprint's customers at all. In fact it helped improve coverage because Sprint raised a bunch of cash from the sale and in return invested some of that right back into the network.

In the wireless business it's actually better for a carrier's profits not to have to own and manage their towers and to lease space instead.

9. Gman

Gman Senior Member

My Phone:
    Epic 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    They were paper transactions. The equipment on the towers did not change.

If you were affected by a 'tuning' of the network in your area they likely had a reason (ie population density) but it's unlikely you'll find a person that can give you the correct answer.

10. djcmaz

djcmaz Junior Member

My Phone:
    BLACKJACK / TILT
    Wireless Provider(s):

True... But the original point is they took the service from me and yet refused to let me out of my contract. I wouldn't have cared either way cause I ended up getting cingular so my stores could contact me at home.

Being forced to pay for 2 providers when one left me stranded just isn't right.
    If they would have just said ok and let me out of my contract, no ill feelings would have surmounted. However with only 3 months left on my contract they still wanted 150 per line to cancel a service I could no longer use when needed... I wasn't gonna pay it...Thus thats when the fcc and the lawyer got involved.

11. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    The problem here is that if they did make some sort of alteration to the network for some reason there is no way that customer service would be able to know that. The RF (radio frequency) dept. at Sprint has absolutely no ties to the retail side of things. So anything that is done to the network is essentially kept secret.

12. djcmaz

djcmaz Junior Member

My Phone:
    BLACKJACK / TILT
    Wireless Provider(s):
    very secret... that is why i was advised to speak directly to the tech supervisor and i was told to request an onsite evaluation. I was told that means they would have to send someone out with some kind of device to measure something. Later when checked, they never did anything with the trouble ticket..

13. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Problem is a trouble ticket has to be escalated 3 times before it even reaches the local level. It is possible for that to happen but kind of rare.

14. Gman

Gman Senior Member

My Phone:
    Epic 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    It's too late now but could you have added the $5 per month roaming option and used roaming for the remainder of your contract as necessary to avoid the cancellation fee ?

15. djcmaz

djcmaz Junior Member

My Phone:
    BLACKJACK / TILT
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I'm not having to pay anything... but as for the roaming, I'm in a direct market and live 3 blocks from my towns main street, so i'm basically in the middle of the downtown area. This use to be an affilliate area (alamosa) that's when I had good coverage. But Sprint bought them out. That's when outta no where for what reason makes no sense, the coverage in our town decreased. Most of my friends have now followed suit and have joined Cingular also. They got tired of the calls dropping or not going through and the continuos redial.

16. CellGeek

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    After several months of the "Cingular Experience" you will be either with Verizon or back with Sprint. Wait and see... :evillaugh

17. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I am surprised you are having that much trouble in your area with Sprint??? Is your Cingular phone using the blue or orange network in your area?

Jim, As of right now the "Cingular Experiance" in NW Arizona is really good. I would still be using Cingular if it wasn't for the last apartment I lived in & their CS. :) Also their is no Verizon coverage either. Verizon roams on Mohave Wireless.

18. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    You mentioned your market as well as the Bullhead City area being strange for Verizon where the phone keeps switching between Verizon Wireless and Mohave Wireless. I think Verizon owns like 40% of Mohave already- wouldn't be surprised if they by them out one of these days. It sure would solve a big problem in your area.

19. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Yes it would, and I would like to see it happen soon. :) Just like I would like to see Cingular buy out Dobson in this area. As of right now Cingular dosen't have much of a network in Mohave County (I-40 & Kingman), they still rely/roam on what is now T-Mobile's network.

20. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

Welcome to More Bars in More Places.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  21. CellGeek

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    More people will be sitting in MORE BARs trying to drown their sorrows with Jack Daniels because their cell phones cannot make or hold a call. :lmao:

22. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Doesn't Cingular also use Dobson's network in the area then?

23. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

it's the Most Reliable Network w/ No Drop Call.

24. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Thank you for sharing that with us. :D

25. budney

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Along Hwy 93 south of Kingman to the county boarder, and may be along Hwy 95 between Needles & Lake Havasu. Other then that they use the great network they built out and sold to T-Mobile.

26. jjdu42

jjdu42 Junior Member

I'll go with the more bars in Mississippi but the Drop call deal is bull:censored: !

Jones....keep playing that fiddle :loony: :loony: