Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

I am here to help as much as I can

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by tmobileman, Apr 21, 2008.

1. nausetbizdoctor

nausetbizdoctor New Member

Do you know if it is possible to generate an unlock code for a Nokia 1661 phone purchased from T-Mobile? I have the IMEI number and have been told there is a calculator to do so??
    Nausetbizdoc

2. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    G1v1.5, Dash, Touch Pro 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    if you don't have an account with tmobile, then you need to find a different unlock source.

3. oksoonerfan

oksoonerfan New Member

My Phone:
    lgp999 t-mobile G2X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I actually have 2 questions that need answers: 1) I am retired from the military and I was wondering does t-mobile offer a discount to disabled/retired military personell..and 2) is there a way to get the voice mail on my phone without having to enter a password every time,which is a hassle especially when I am in the car.Thanks :cool:

4. KB Wireless

KB Wireless New Member

Hi, I am under contract with T mobile for 6 months and now i want to cancel. Is there any way (or tricks) i can avoid ETF? Thanks..

5. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    Yes we do offer a ret or active millitary discount, and call your voicemail and in the menu options select to shut password off, sorry so late of a reply

6. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    Trick is to cancel at end of contract or pay etf' which is cheaper than paying for six months of service

7. tmob

tmob New Member

hi tmobileman!

I'm switching from verizon to a prepaid monthly 4g plan. Once I get my phone can I port my number online when I activate, or do I have to call customer service?

I really want to keep the same # and do it all online if I can.

Thanks for the help!

8. jennifer2181

jennifer2181 New Member

Could you help me to get a Master dealer list for t-mobile, I want to open my own cellphone store, I would prefer unlocked phones but I am also interested in the phones with t-mobile contract.

Thanks
    Jennifer

9. LoyalServant

LoyalServant New Member

Is there still a T-Mobile employee or two hanging around?
    Looks like its been quiet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

10. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    Sorry been a while but I am still here how can I help you

11. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Hello tmobileman, nice to see you back here. :)

I have a question - is it possible to get a T-Mobile micro SIM without any commitment?

If so, how?

Thanks much :)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. Eileen89

Eileen89 Bronze Senior Member

Yes, it is. I am using a T-Mobile micro sim with my prepaid account in my unlocked iPhone 4. Just go to your local T-Mobile store and they can give you one. My local store charges $10 for them, however, the rep who switched my account from the macro to the micro sim card did not charge me for it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

13. LoyalServant

LoyalServant New Member

Greetings.
    My question is about dead spots.
    Some years ago I called in and reported one and they had it resolved in days.
    This time around I can't seem to get anyplace.
    All I get told is "sorry you have to live with it"
    What do you suggest I do?
    I don't think I am getting that person that would carry the torch and inform the correct people.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

14. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    I think you got kind of "lucky" when you first reported a dead-spot and it was fixed in a few days. Don't expect that to be the norm ;) There's alot of different reasons for dead spots. Sometimes they can fix it quickly by adjusting an antenna tilt, which can be done in a matter of hours/days. Other times they would need to build a new site, which is a matter of months/years (if it's even financially or logistically possible).

If you really want to push T-Mobile to cover a dead-spot, then try calling a few times and see if you can get a different person. Also have your friends/family call as well, if T-Mobile sees alot of people calling about a particular area, it may help to escalate the issue.

(PS- I don't work for T-Mobile, but have worked for other carriers for +10 years)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Thanks IR, just to clarify I don't have an active T-Mobile account any more. So basically I want to get a micro Sim in the smallest denomination possible, for a new prepay account.

16. Eileen89

Eileen89 Bronze Senior Member

In this case, if you take the device that you want to use into T-Mobile and have them setup the prepaid account for you, they will probably give you the Micro SIM card free of charge. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

17. LoyalServant

LoyalServant New Member

I used to .... back when cellphones were big and expensive.
    This area I speak of is like the BTS that time forgot... it's old.. real old.
    Hell the cabinet still says SunCom on it.

This one site is serving out EDGE and poor handoffs to the local residents.
    You have a 70/30 chance in your call dropping as you migrate from H+ to EDGE then back to H+ again as you enter and leave the sector.

I figured mentioning it to someone would cause engineering to have a look at this really old site
    and put it on the list to get some love.
    It's quite literally the only BTS in the area that only supports EDGE.. and hands off poorly.

Of course driving up to the thing and looking at a rusting cabinet that says SunCom on it is a dead giveaway that this thing is old... very old.
    It's sitting next to a brand new cabinet owned by AT&T and literally 500 feet away is another tower that has a Verizon BTS (no other carriers colocated) and some nice new LTE antennas.

So... I can hope that T-Mobile upgrades this BTS so I don't have to drop calls going thru that area along with other daily commuters. (It's on an interstate 15 minutes from downtown)

I guess not enough people complain about it....... it's quite literally been forgotten about I think.:eek:

18. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    Hey all I am no longer with tmobile, I left after 8 years just not the company it used to be. I am still happy to answer questions but do not have access to current information

19. Yugopro

Yugopro Senior Member

My Phone:
    iphone 3gs
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    Here is a technical question for former T-Mobile man. What is involved with the 1900 refarm? Is it new added on equipment, is it whole new from the ground up equipment, or is it new software?

Is the equipment on the tower base or is it in a switching facility? Does the edge equipment go to other areas where t-mo has only GPRS?

Enquiring minds need to know!

20. TalkenRain

TalkenRain New Member

Hi, I'm new here so forgive my ignorance but Id like to add to the question. I've been doing a lot of research as I just switched from a Nokia N8 to an iPhone 4S using T-Mobile. I cut my old simm an installed i my unlocked iPhone. Besides living with the slower EDGE speeds, it's worked well.

Ive been watching the web pages and twitter handle for service in my area for about a month now (PDX). Although there have been a number of people seeing the 1900MHz service in there area, it's been very temporary, only lasting for anywhere from 20 minutes to maybe a few hours (on and off) then it gets switched back to the 1700Mhz service. There is only one tower in my area that i've been able to visit and repeatably receive service at 1900MHz.

What I'd really like to know is what the process is for the rollout? Is T-Mobile simply doing one tower at a time or is the plan to switch a group of towers all at once? Is it based on an area or market or is it more of a tear (maybe second tear towers first, then first tear when an area is ready to switch)?

After using the Nokia N8, I'd gotten use to higher speed connections (N8 has a 1700MHz receiver). Moving to the iPhone may have been premature as the EDGE speed is hard to go back to. For those questioning the iPhone switch, it worked flawlessly simply installed the simm and everything pretty much worked. I have a very old grandfathered data plan (unlimited T-Zones at only $4/month so it was important to me that this work without any changes to my service) I had been getting up to about 9mb download speeds using my Nokia N8. with the iPhone, in one of the few areas the 1900MHz service is available I've gotten download speeds of about 6mb. Here is my results from a test yesterday.

IMG_0083.PNG

#260 TalkenRain, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2012
  21. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Tmobile still supporting the original Mytouch 3g?