Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

I am here to help as much as I can

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by tmobileman, Apr 21, 2008.

1. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Ah! I forgot about that option...But for an individual line, it's a no-go.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jsf0102

jsf0102 New Member

I almost bought the unlimited voice, text & data plan but noticed incoming calls were not included, can you explain how that works please?

3. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Are you talking about the Even More Plus Unlimited Talk+Text+Web $79.99 plan? Where are you reading incoming calls aren't included?

This plan and it's Even More $99.99 equivalent wouldn't be called unlimited if incoming calls were not included. It would be clearly stated.

What plan are you specifically talking about?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. craigstaix

craigstaix New Member

My Touch Pro 2 keeps changing time zones from Pacific to Easter and loosing 20-45 minutes. I have difficulty getting back to the correct time. No text, emails or web. until the time is corrected. phone still works but drops calls. customer support said unclick Automatic Time Adjustments but it always goes back to that.

5. Lucki

Lucki New Member

Hello! I'm new and I have a question. ^__^

My hubby and I got T-Mobile two years ago when we moved to Chicago and we love it - other than the fact that we can't get on a contract because I don't have credit and his isn't good, but that's okay. But, now we're moving to NC and I checked the coverage there. The map says that it's covered by a T-Mobile partner and there is a T-Mobile payment center in the town we're moving to. Does this mean that we can keep our T-Mobile, or will we need to switch to the partner carrier? I'm really hoping to get to keep T-Mobile, because it works everywhere else that we'll need to travel for our families (one of the biggest draws for us with T-Mobile in the first place).

Thanks for your time! ^__^

6. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    G1v1.5, Dash, Touch Pro 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    Glad you're happy with your tmobile service and you should be ok in NC, but when you get there if you're having any issues give us a call and we will see why we acquired a company called suncom in the carolinas a couple years ago so there coverage is now our coverage. Good luck

7. Lucki

Lucki New Member

I was hoping you'd say that. ^__^ Thanks for the help!

8. The Robot Devil

The Robot Devil Junior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Curve 8520
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    If it has been 2 years since you applied for credit call T-Mobile and ask them to run it again. You may pass this time or qualify for a Flex-Pay account which is a good option for many customers.

#218 The Robot Devil, Jun 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  9. Lucki

Lucki New Member

Thanks, I'll give them a try. ^__^

10. phenomsmith

phenomsmith New Member

Hello, I'm a student and I'm traveling abroad for the summer... My school recommended I get a prepaid tmobile phone that is GSM compatable and get it unlocked... Do you have a unlock code or who unlock phones?

11. The Robot Devil

My Phone:
    Blackberry Curve 8520
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Try Unlock Blackberry & Any Cell Phones Remotely by Code | CellUnlock.net. It will cost you a few bucks, but it will save you a lot of time and trouble.
    I don't work for them but I have used them to unlock my own devices and have been pleased with their service.

12. COtech

COtech Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sam. Galaxy SII Skyrocket
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility
    Let's break that up differently. You should have an unlocked GSM phone that operates on the 900 and 1800 MHz for abroad. For much of North and Central and South America, 850 and 1900 MHz are used. There are exceptions where 900 and 1800 MHz are found instead.

An "unlocked" quad-band GSM phone a good choice, therefore. If you buy service and a phone from a carrier, expect the phone to "subsidy locked" to that carrier. When you're been with them a while, it's possible the carrier will give you the "subsidy unlock code" upon request (check in advance of purchase).

Getting pre-paid service anywhere is then just a matter of buying a Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) from a carrier, when you arrive abroad. You purchase recharge cards as needed for airtime. Usually, calling time is deducted abroad, but not receiving time; you can receive calls for free, all charges to the caller.

It is possible to find new and used unlocked GSM phones for sale. It is possible to find an unlocking service, should you acquire a locked but otherwise satisfactory phone. For example, I believe all of the Motorola RAZRs using GSM were quadband. Someone you know may have put one aside in a drawer. Enough were made for unlocking techniques to be developed.

I hope you have time for this, in advance of travel. Otherwise, once you arrive, buy the equivilent of a TracFone or a GoPhone. Sure, it's locked--to the carrier you're going to be using.

If you'll mention your country of interest, I or others can point you to the carriers' web sites, some of which are in English!

COtech

13. The Robot Devil

My Phone:
    Blackberry Curve 8520
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I don't know what phone you bought. but the majority of the TMO phones are quad-band. Look on the TMO website if it says the phone has the 850/1900/1800/900 bands it will work with any GSM service provider as long as it is unlocked.

14. Yugopro

Yugopro Senior Member

My Phone:
    iphone 3gs
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    You can buy an unlocked quad band Samsung 619 on ebay for about $45.00.
    Very good phone, have bought three on ebay so far. Keep breaking them.

15. sgman31

sgman31 New Member

Good day!
    I just received a phone(Samsung Gravity) from my Aunt residing in NY. She used this prior to upgrading her unit which is now an IPhone. Unfortunately, the phone is locked and unusable. I am currently residing in Singapore so i have no idea where to get the code needed for the phone. I was able to retrieve the IMEI which i believe is needed in retrieving the code. can you help me out on this one? would mean much....Thanks:confused::confused::confused:

16. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Perhaps, you can get your aunt to get the unlock code from T-Mobile... if she still has T-Mobile service she can call to request the unlock code for the Samsung. Perhaps if she just recently canceled service, T-Mobile might still provide her with the code... perhaps someone with better suggestions will chime in ;)

17. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    I can't unlock it for you, but anybody with a tmobile account can and if you're aunt is cancelled less than 90 days she can too

18. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I have a question-- as silly as it may sound. I'm looking into getting a unlocked or even a used tmobile touchscreen phone. I have prepaid service which I can get onto tzones with and that is the extent of my browser. So my question is if I was to get a used samsung behold for example in the description it talks about Internet , etc. Isn't this dependent on if I pay for a data package or not? To be able to use I would need a phone that can do wifi right? Or is it phone specific? Like the samsung is able to go online as long as there is a cell signal?? I'm looking at a few unlocked unbranded phones that are the right frequency but I'm worried that I won't be able to set the browser settings properly or will lose tzones because it doesn't have tmo software pre installed
    sorry I know this is probably a silly question to some but I honestly don't know. I have a itouch that I can go "online" with so I'm not sure if I need a wifi capable phone honestly. A nice touchscreen would be a great upgrade for me especially if I can find a reasonable one. Thanks so much for any info!!! Oh and do I have to have a rooted??? phone for it to work right without a data package??? Many auctions mention rooting or rooted but I don't understand what that means

19. Yugopro

Yugopro Senior Member

My Phone:
    iphone 3gs
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    I know this is an old thread but I thought I would give you my thoughts.
    I have a MyTouch 3g, works well with my prepaid sim. I don't know if it is taking all my minutes for data, but the weather channel comes through just great on the browser. I think I can even get email, but it may be only on WiFi. My touch 3g $150-$200 on ebay.

20. lvsunz37

lvsunz37 New Member

Hello tmobileman. I just joined this forum & noticed your extremely kind offer to help (though I see that the last response from you was last July so I don't know if you're still there?).

I just got a HTC G2 (Android 2.2) from T-Mobile and I don't know how to copy my Contact info. from phone memory to the Sim card (it was easy with my Blackberry Flip). Can you help? Thank you.

21. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    You got an answer here: http://www.forums.wirelessadvisor.com/t-mobile-forum/79248-review-the-t-mobile-g2.html

22. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    there is an app that I use called contact2sim it is free and it works well for me on my G1

23. lvsunz37

lvsunz37 New Member

Thanks for the feedback tmobileman. I tried contact2sim- unfortunately it doesn't work with the G2 (not even in Airplane Mode).

24. obama649

obama649 New Member

This was around the time that RIM came up with a fix, there was a free feature added to all BB users whether or not you had the data plan that is a BB msging addon which provisioned the devices to be able to send and receive with no data feature MMS, now the fix is outdated and with recent enhancements to the network and to the provisioning tool it is standard...example of progress.

#234 obama649, Mar 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2011
  25. Jaffery

Jaffery New Member

can u please help me to get subsidy code for my motorola w490 its t-mobile i can provide u all information including IMEI# but i am in Pakistan from 6months but im sure i 'v cleared all dues & i really need to use my motorola back my other phone having charging problemss

26. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    IF this is something tmobileman can help you with, use the private messaging system to disseminate your information.

Posting an IMEI is not allowed in the open forum.

27. randulo

randulo Junior Member

From prepaid PAYG to prepaid

Hi,

My wife and I both have pas as you go accounts with credit on T-Mobile. We are only in the USA for about 6 weeks a year, but it seems we might be better off with the prepaid option + data, assuming TMob doesn't mind if you aren't very active? Is there a way to move the balance from PAYG to this? Also, does voicemail work when your account is in active? Is it even possibe to make such a change and keep the number?

28. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    Re: From prepaid PAYG to prepaid

if you're pay as you go get the gold rewards program then all of your refills are good for a year

29. randulo

randulo Junior Member

But what about data? There isn't any on PAYG.

30. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)

Actually, there is. You can get 24-hour data access for $1.49. And he's right, if you get the $100 deal, you don't have to worry about expiration for a year, and your cents per minute for call is only $0.10 per minute.

T-Mobile Prepaid Plans

Depending on what happens with this T-Mobile/AT&T merger, this may only be the case for the next year.