Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

I am here to help as much as I can

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by tmobileman, Apr 21, 2008.

1. thebulloliver928

thebulloliver928 New Member

Re: help me t mobile man

yes they told us our phones memory was too full to make or recieve calls, so we needed to buy micro sd cards. and on the sim card they told us that both of our sim cards must be replaced before they can do anything to help us! they are charging 995 for my phone's shipping, but my wifes phone is not in production anymore it is the first blackberry made, so they charged us 20 dollars for a newer model and 995 for her shipping too!

2. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    G1v1.5, Dash, Touch Pro 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    Re: help me t mobile man

What blackberry is it?, was it that it wasn't in production anymore or is it that youre warranty had expired, your information doesn't make sense to me either I can see the 995 that's shipping, it does cost us to send you a replacement phone sorry but it does. you will get a prepaid ups label for sending your defective phone back, which means you have to be under warranty, because if we are selling you a new phone there would be no shipping unless it's express shipping for 20.00, but that would have to be selected by you. Also if your wife is using the first blackberry made, then that means it is REALLY REALLY old, and probably needed to be upgraded lol. What I would do if I were you is call up and first of all let somebody know that you had to buy sim cards, those should be credited on your acct especially if somebody told you to replace them, the next step is to try the new or like new phones that you're receiving best case problem resolved worst case you have eliminated the phone as the issue and the sim so it has to be the service at that point. Then you may have a leg to stand on for cancelling with no etf, but keep in mind if you say you are dropping calls, and we see that you use a large amount of your minutes up every month, we may tell you sorry but your contract is valid. Either way good luck I hope it gets resolved soon for you.

3. rkw01

rkw01 New Member

Hello. Thanks for your willingness to help.

I currently use Verizon on a family share plan, and will be switching to T-Mobile this week, well, to be completely honest, to use a jailbroken iphone. The coverage map for my area, 38485, shows "T-Mobile Roaming Coverage" at full bars. The question I had is two-fold.
    One, are you able to tell me what towers I would be roaming on (AT&T, etc). You mentioned that att/t-mobile are ending most of their roaming contracts, so I'm curious how this would effect the coverage in my area. I'd mainly like to know with WHO i'd be roaming on.
    Two, I'd really like to hear the official word on how T-Mobile feels about customers using unlocked iPhones? I've heard mostly good reports - friendly reps willing to help connect iphone customers, etc. I also read that the DMCA allows customers to legally unlock their phones and use on other networks. Do you know any employees that use iPhones? :)

Ok, maybe a 3rd question. Why on earth does t-mobile allow ebay sellers to sale those 'unlimited' SIM cards that you need to replace every 32 days. They are for sale to this very day. I've read the deal only works if the dealer has stolen codes from other dealers. Is that how it works? Or is there some legitimacy to these $30 dollar unlimited SIMS? It obviously works from the customers end, since there is nothing but praise on the sellers feedback. The only drawback from a customers perspective is they have to get a new number every month. Can you set the record straight as the the legality of obtaining one of these Sims. how they are able to offer them, etc?

Looking forward to your reply!

4. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    First thing first I don't know who the roaming partner in that area is, but based on location I would guess att. I would recommend if you do activate to activate with no contract since you have your iphone already that way if the coverage doesn't work you can opt out anytime with no regrets. I want to be clear this is not flex pay, this is month to month service there is a difference. flex pay is credit related (for those of us with not so good credit), month to month is available to all that qualify for regular post paid accounts.

The official word on the iphone and its use on tmobile's network is that we don't support it, the unofficial straight answer is it works, I have two coworkers on my team alone that use it and they really like it they don't have any problems using all of the services, it is funny to hear them talk somebody else out of buying one when a customer calls in and wants to cancel for the iphone.

Your last question is hard for me to answer because there are both legitimate reasons for these unlimited sims and there are crooked sellers out there too. They are made for promotional events. Example NBA All Star Challenge which tmobile sponsors they are handed out to random people with a phone to try our service and the idea is they will then want to purchase our service. I have submitted numerous questions regarding these simes and have yet to get any feedback on how my questions or suggestions were handled. To me personally they seem like a lot to have to deal with rather than just opening an acct and trying the service.

Hope this helps

5. xxSabbyxx

xxSabbyxx New Member

Hey, TmobileMan:

Hope you are still here. I have a Tmobile plan with 4 lines: $69.99 (additional $20 for 2 lines) for 700 minutes, and the contract is ending in March. I'm thinking of staying in Tmobile without changing phone number, however, I would need 4 brand new phones. So what should i do? is it possible to extend my contract for only one more year? I checked the phone price on tmobile.com, is the price applying to all 4 lines? thanks for your time

6. clock3687

clock3687 Cell Signal?????? Use it!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Google Nexus S
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    T-Mobile allows lines in contract to get a full discount on handsets 11 months into 1 year contracts, and 22 months if you're in a 2 year contract. So, if you wanted to, you can walk into a store and get new phones for all of your lines without any issues. 1 year contracts are still available, they're just $50 more from what you see on the 2 year pricing, though you can only get that in store (not sure about calling in to t-mobile). You wont lose you numbers or anything, all you'll be doing is extending your contract from the day you get your new phones. Also, keep in mind that your not obligated to extend your contract for all the lines, so if lines 1,2, & 4 get new phones, line 3 would be free to upgrade at another datee. When line 3 decides to get a new phone their new contract would begin on the day they get said phone.
    Hope this helps and t-mobileman will fill in all the stuff that I've missed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    Clock got it right and you can get one year pricing over the phone also. And welcome to wireless advisor

8. acrylickitty

acrylickitty New Member

My Phone:
    sidekick slide
    Wireless Provider(s):
    t mobile

Hi i was not sure if i am posting in the right place, anyway sorry you lost your phone, my phone was stolen on march friday the 13 09 any way i reported the phone stolen to t-mobile that day and filed a police report then next day by wednesday the police department contacted tmobiles police department section and go a court order to track the phone because he was using the phone, so after sever calls We all feel we are at square one with this . So i really feel that t mobile has no clue when it comes to really having the police envolved in finding a phone. It is crazy ,maybe someone here can enlighten me or just give some suggetions. There is not need to say get another phone. Thank you so much.:)
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; GTB5; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; Media Center PC 5.0; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0)

9. clock3687

My Phone:
    Google Nexus S
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Sorry to hear, you lost your phone, and on friday the 13th of all days. My G1 was stolen back in January. Unfortunately there's not much T-Mobile can do for you if your phone is lost/stolen other than suspend your line for the time being. If you have insurance, then they will cover your loss, less your deductable, and they'll ship you a new phone. Privacy Laws prevent CS from doing anything other than telling you whether or not the phone is active on the network. Nothing short of a subpoena will allow T-Mobile to hand over said info. Most times courts will not issue one just for a stolen phone. The chances of recovering the phone are pretty slim.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. salz08

salz08 New Member

Just stopping in to introduce myself. I'm new to t-mobile after trying most of the carriers available in my region.

Just switched from Alltel to T-Mobile yesterday and have to say I was amazed at how easy the entire transaction was. Ordered phone from website and requested to port my number on Thursday 03/19 at 7 am central, new phone rec'd with FREE shipping by 1 pm on Friday 03/20 and by the time I was home from work that evening, DH had the new phone charged for me and I was up & talking within 10 minutes of getting home! WOW....

Now, if I can just figure out the quirks of the phone I got, LOL....

11. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    The Law Enforcement Relations Group (LERG) will only work with Law Enforcement agencies with a Subpoenia, and good luck finding a judge to give you a subpoenia (man I hope I am spelling this correctly) for a lost cell phone. Now I can tell you if President Obama's Blackberry was lost that would be a different story. Your best advise is to let the phone go, it's gone you won't ever get it back, now if you have insurance you can get it replaced with the deductable, or you can even just get a new sim for twenty bucks and put it in another phone or you can buy a prepaid phone and get a new sim for it, or you can upgrade, or you can cancel if you feel that tmobile's LERG isn't helping you to you're satisfaction, but just know that we can't "find" the person using your phone for you we may be able to tell which towers he/she is pulling service off of, and narrow down a location if he/she is using the phone on our network and we know which account it's being used on, but FCC regulations don't permit that information to be shared with you. So sorry to say it, but buy a new phone., BTW Welcome to WA

12. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    Welcome to Tmobile and to WA glad to have your business, what phone did you get?

13. salz08

salz08 New Member

I got the Samsung Blast. I like the large screen but have not been successful in blue toothing my contacts from my old phone so far. Still trying to figure out how to use email and messaging capabilities on it.

I'd like a BB eventually, but needed to go cheap (read free!) at this time.

Thanks for the welcome.

14. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    For a samsung that's a good phone. For messaging make sure you have a feature or it can get expensive...4.99, 9.99, 14.99, 400, 1K, UNL. Interesting thing with this phone though is with one of those messaging packages package you can get email service through. It's the only phone that has email that is billed as an SMS. So enjoy, good starter phone until you can afford the BB that you want.

15. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    ...or just type on your keypad:

*#06#

...and bada-bing it appears ;)

16. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    Ah yes sorry forgot about the short code method as well, thanks RadioRaiders

17. salz08

salz08 New Member

this may not be the place to ask, but I am having a terrible time with sending emails from my phone. I signed up for a web package and the phone also has email capabilities, but I cannot send any messages. I can log into both webmail accounts (gmail and hotmail), access messages fine, but if I attempt to send a message I get a 404 page not found error when accessing it via t-zones and 'unable to send message to this address' if just using the email function on the Samsung blaze.

Both accounts have POP and IMAP enabled....can anyone shed some light on this?

18. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    when did you add the web feature, it can take up to 48 hours to provision and it definately sounds like provisioning if it's not finding servers for you. When you say you can get to webmail are you accessing it on your blast? You said blaze but I remember you having the blast. If problem doesn't fit what I posted, call cust care from another phone and tell them what's happening, they can probably fix it, you will just have to be on the phone for a little bit to do some testing. Also make sure you have servers in correctly

19. salz08

salz08 New Member

yes, you are correct. It is a blast. I must not be fully caffinated yet. *smile*

I just set up the service and activated the phone on Friday, so perhaps it just needs a bit of time to complete?

20. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    Powercycle your phone a couple times today, (that's the fancy way of saying shut it off and turn it on) and check your server names that you've input for accuracy if the problem persists 24 hours from now then call.

21. salz08

salz08 New Member

Ok, I'll try that! Thanks for the help

22. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    You're welcome and don't forget you do have about two weeks to try the phone and send it back if you're not happy and try a different model.

23. Rknox

Rknox New Member

I have a T-mobile to go Nokia 6030 purchased in Hawaii in 2007. When I tried to use it in the states in 2008
    I got a msg that the SIM Chip failed. Can I buy SIM chip for the CONUS?

24. clock3687

My Phone:
    Google Nexus S
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    You can buy a SIM, just go to any T-Mobile store and ask for one. I think they cost around $15-$20. You can also order them off of eBay for around $5. Afterwards call up T-Mobile and they should be able to get your existing acct info transferred to your new SIM.

25. gattanera

gattanera New Member

DO YOU KNOW IF i can use GOING OUT OF COVERAGE AREA reason for early termination of the contract twice IN T-MOBILE? I had family plan and recently cut a friend off b/c she was going to europe (i used her id with current european address). I will want to sign new contract to get better phone but may be living to europe myself in few months and am not sure if they will accept my id with european address (non cover area country).
    Do you know if that would work???

Thanks for the answer in advance!

26. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    Yes it would be accepted although I think if you know you're leaving in advance and can get out of contract using the contract to get a discounted phone is not right, ethically speaking. But I am not here to judge you it will work you may get questioned a little about it, but should not end up having any problems...unless I take your call...lol.

27. gattanera

gattanera New Member

Thanks for the reply. I am going to stay in the USA for at least few months, one year and the possibly be moving to Europe (research program) but its not definite yet and not until the end of 2010. So I do not want to sign new contract just to get new phone, but to use the service. I just may not be able to be for full 12 or 24 months in the USA. But anyways, I am still thinking about it because if I sing new contract I will have to pay activation fee and it may be as well cheaper to extend my current single plan for next months, right?

28. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    Yes usually is cheaper to extend your contract then to pay an act fee, you know also you can if you're fully qualified for upgrade call and upgrade over the phone with only a 12 month conract, you'll pay a little more for the phone but then you wouldn't have to worry about the contract it sounds like.

29. Gloria143

Gloria143 New Member

My Phone:
    G1
    I would love to know if you can forward some information on how or to speak to in reference to opening a t-mobile dealer store. I am in Miami, Fl.
    Thanks in advance

30. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    you can reach us at our website tmobile.com and there is an affiliate link at the bottom of the page or in the contact us section. That's the only info I know on the subject