Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

I am here to help as much as I can

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by tmobileman, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Tullphan

Tullphan Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Desire
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Looks like where I live is 850 MHz roaming, so I assume that's a bad thing.

2. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    G1v1.5, Dash, Touch Pro 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    it's not the best thing...haha, but no you shouldn't activate with tmobile until there's native coverage available for you roaming is free but not dependable. Sorry we would love to have you but do what's best for you. You might consider trying our prepaid out to kind of test the waters.

3. mique

mique New Member

I recently purchased a tri-band European phone that operates on 900/1800/1900 frequencies.

Would my coverage be seriously worse because it doesn't have the 850 frequency? I just bought a t-mobile sim card, it seems like t-mobile is my best option with this tri-band phone.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

4. royalcellular

royalcellular New Member

Hello, I am new to this site and have recently submitted a request to become a TMobile Agent in my area. I have not received an answer yet. Can you give me a contact number and name of an agent suppport rep that I can talk to?

5. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    Sorry can't help you with that I don't know the numbers that you would need

6. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile

Shouldn't be a problem for you the 850 freq is primarily a roaming freq for tmobile

7. CellularSchnanigans

CellularSchnanigans New Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Blackberry Storm
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Hey I want to get the G1 so i was wondering what plan would be best for me. I don't do a whole lot of talking and when i do its very breif so i dont need a whole lot of minutes but i do text a lot so i was planing on geting unlimited text and i do want to surf the web. So is there a plan i can get that combines the two or is there a special G1 plan that they'll make me sign up for when I by the phone?

8. clock3687

clock3687 Cell Signal?????? Use it!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Google Nexus S
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    T-Mobile's cheapest voice plan is $29 and it comes with 300 minutes. The G1 does require a special data plan, but it costs the same amount as say a windows mobile or blackberry phone. It's $24.99 for unlimited (10GB) of web browsing and 400 txt/email/pic/video messages. Its $34.99 if you want unlimited web browsing & unlimited txt/email/pics/video messages.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    I would recommend the my faves 300 it's only 39.99 plus the 34.99 for G1 unlimited data and Msging that way you get free nights and weekends and you can have unlimited calling to five people that you can change each month just a better value for 10 bucks more.

10. mikewho

mikewho Junior Member

I have a question for you. With the myfaves is there generally a cutoff if you use alot each month? For example, if i use 2k each and every month will tmobile say something eventually or maybe cancel someones myfave plan?

11. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    I can answer this for you (and T-Mobileman can back me up or correct me, for that matter). My Faves is unlimited calls to/from any one of the 5 numbers you set up on the plan, regardless whether the numbers are land line or cellular (from ANY carrier).

Since this is exactly like Altell's My Circle, the point of it is unlimited calls. You could use 20k minutes a month without a problem. If their was a limit, it would need to be CLEARLY stated.

So you don't have to worry about how many minutes you use with My Faves. T-Mobile will not cancel or change the plan for you because you've used too many minutes. Doing so would defeat the purpose of the plan in the first place.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    Mike is absolutely correct the only time that I can see a problem is if you end up roaming a majority of the time. If 80% or more of your usage occurs while roaming for more than six months out of the year then you may be targeted for cancellation but that is more to do with roaming fees that tmobile pays more than the my faves feature, and would happen regardless if you were on a myfaves rate plan or a standard plan.

13. mikewho

mikewho Junior Member

Thats cool. The myfaves plan is working really well for me. So far the phone hasnt said anything other than tmobile on it. At home i get a full tmobile signal so that shouldnt be a problem. Out of att,verizon,and tmobile, tmobile is the only one who gives me a good signal at home. The others tend to break up and cut out.

14. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    That's great all good companies it is really all about which one works best for you, glad you're happy and glad it's working well for you.

15. mikewho

mikewho Junior Member

The other day my gfriend moved over to tmobile and it worked really well over the weekend so she is happy. Right now im using a low end samsung t109 and so far its done really well. The battery life on this thing is great(prob since its such a basic phone).

Have you heard anything about tmobiles plans for 4g(lte)? Ive read and heard a few things but arent sure of what there long term plans are. The last thing i read was that they may possibly be the first to have it ready to go.

Oh yeah, thanks for all the info.

16. mikewho

mikewho Junior Member

Actually have one more question for you. A friend gave me one of his quadband att phones that he is no longer using. He tried to get the unlock code from att but they wouldnt. Would tmobile be able to get it or would that be impossible?

17. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile

I doubt we will be the first to have it ready to go, we will in actuallity probably be the last one of the major carriers to roll this out. We aren't even a hundred percent up with our 3G rollout and I believe ATT has LTE out in select markets but I could be wrong on this. We do have it in europe but thats with our parent company Deutsche Telekom but who knows stranger things have happened. The answer about the phone that you got from att cannot be ulocked from tmobile we only unlock tmobile branded devices sorry, but I am sure there are plenty of cheap or free unlock sources for you online.

18. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Slight correction, my friend ;), DT may be in the beginning stages of implementing LTE, but it is not active anywhere. It's barely been selected as the standard for 4G. It probably won't be available anywhere until late 2010 at the earliest.

AT&T won't have it for another several years, and this is likely the case with Verizon as well. So LTE is really a "next decade" network platform. But is is coming soon...:)

19. mikewho

mikewho Junior Member

I'm glad tmobile has been hinting with going in the lte direction. Should help them compete with the other carriers better.

20. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    Mobile Mike is the MAN thanks for the correction I would hate to mislead anybody. All Hail Mike :notworthy:cheers:

21. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    How could I disagree with you...;)

But hey, you're the one who should be hailed, as you provide the "from the source" answers from T-Mobile. This thread has become a beneficial source for anyone with Q's about Magenta.

So you get a :notworthyfrom me with humble gratitude. :D

22. Blarg

Blarg New Member

A question for you, TMobileMan: I'm waiting (still) to purchase a T-Mobile Dash through letstalk, as they're offering it for free with the 2 year contract and no attached dataplan. However, I'd like the new all-black rubberized version, but they don't carry it yet and don't know when they will. I'd really like to get my new phone though. Do you think I'd have a chance of buying the phone from letstalk, then taking the older version (still in box) to a T-Mobile store and changing up for the redesigned model? I realize the difference isn't extensive, but the extra non-grease-collecting rubber appeals to me, and the keyboard layout is supposedly improved as well.

23. Don F

Don F New Member

Hello... I have a T-Mobile HTC s620 dash w/ 850/900/1800/1900. The phone is locked. Traveling to England this summer. If I acquire a T-mobile Sim in england will this phone be fully compatible for use there ?

24. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    you are going to need to get it unlocked, it is locked for tmobile usa, its free call cust care and ask for them to submit the request for you, you will need an email address and the IMEI from the phone go to start>settings>system and IMEI will be there should only take about 24 hours print the code and take with and only enter the code with the tmobile UK sim in the phone

25. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    no the store won't do that for you sorry, I would just order it through tmobile for 99.99 if you really want it that bad, but I know it's nice to get for free

26. mikewho

mikewho Junior Member

Have a question for you. Just got the nokia 5310 and really like the phone but found that the signal doesnt seem near as good as my other phones(also with tmobile, nokia 5300 and krazr k1). Have you heard of any problems with the phone? At home i get a full signal with tmobile but with the 5310 its usually one to two bars for some reason. Once in a while it jumps to full signal but generally it is low. I traded the phone for a second one to see if that helped but it still had the signal issues. No major deal since it generally doesnt cause any issues but was curious.

27. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    my buddy also has that phone, the red one, and he finds the same problem indoors, seems as though the antennae on that one isn't the best I think its music first.

28. mikewho

mikewho Junior Member

Thanks for the reply. Overall im happy with the 5310. The battery life isnt the best but ill definitely keep it. The speakerphone works really well so i use the speakerphone most of the time.

Tmobile has great customer service. They gave me no issues whatsoever when trying out a second 5310 so i plan to keep them for a long time.

29. thebulloliver928

thebulloliver928 New Member

dear tmobile man

i have a wierd problem! ok so for the past 5 1/2 months i have been calling tmobile for help! my service is not working correctly. my wife's phone is doing the same thing. droped calls, incoming calls wont come through, and the call failed message when i have full bars! they havent helped me at all, i bougtht 2 new sim cards, nothing. i bought 2 new memory cards, nothing. and now there charging me 44 dollars to send us new phones! how can i get them to refund me for the past months of bad service, and cancel my account without costing me an arm and a leg? please please help me t mobile man!!!!

30. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    Re: dear tmobile man

you won't be able to get a refund, you may receive a courtesy credit, but you won't get a credit, Not sure what the problem with your service would be but sounds like you're doing everything you can, keep reporting the issues and perhaps you will be released from your contract if you really want to cancel, have you tried a different phone? Have you looked at the level of service that you're supposed to have? you're memory cards also have nothing to do with your service, were you told to replace your sim? if so you should have been comped the new sim cards. what is costing 44 dollars? did you buy new phones, or is that express shipping that was selected by you? standard ground shipping with a warranty exchange is only 9.99