Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

I am here to help as much as I can

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by tmobileman, Apr 21, 2008.

1. dbinnc

dbinnc New Member

Question...

We moved to Greensboro, NC from Phoenix, A. My wife has tmo. We wanted to change her number to a local number but they told us they can't cause they don't have service here. We are roaming under SunComm. Do we have the right to cancel our contract w/o an ETF?

thx
    D

2. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Well, T-Mobile now owns Suncom. They purchased the company earlier this year. Very soon T-Mobile is switching all of the branding and plans from Suncom to T-mobile, so you will be able to get a local number. It might be September 2, I can't remember - either way what I read was some "single digit" date in September - between the 1st and the 9th.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I found it - the switch from Suncom to T-Mobile is on September 5.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I just saw something else that says September 8, so I'm not sure of the exact date, but I also saw a mention of this site that talks about the transition:

SunCom is becoming T-Mobile

5. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    G1v1.5, Dash, Touch Pro 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    I answered your same question in your other post and the answer about a local number is as soon as there is a tmobile store open in your area that is when you can get a local number should be in a week or two you could go get suncom service and be migrated back to tmobile in the coming months if you want to get a local number now and yes we will have an option for you to get out of your etf if your in roaming only coverage.

6. tieulinhtinh

tieulinhtinh New Member

hi! i was wondering why i cant send an international text message. i can receive the text message from that person perfectly find...i use all the method (+011+country code or +country code then phone number) my phone said that the message got delivered but the person i send the message to never got any of the the message i send out. the country i try to send a text message to is Vietnam. So i was wonder if you can help me with this issue i'm having. Thanks in advance.

7. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    there is a list of blocked countries and providers, I do not have access to this list from home but if you call cust care they would be able to tell you what if any are carriers blocked in vietnam, there could also be an issue on their end as far as I know there are no current known issues with being able to send to Vietnam but call 611 from your phone and somebody should be able to tell you for sure.

8. mom42

mom42 New Member

Hi there Tmobileman!

I am in need of some help! A friend of mine just renewed her contract mid-August, first with the purchase of the Blast, returned that phone twice due to bad reception and finally purchased the Katalyst. She likes that phone, but had to pay $130 plus the two year contract. Now three weeks into it, the phone is free with a two year contract and T-Mobile says there is nothing they can do for her. Most places have a 30 day price adjustment, but apparently T-Mobile only has 14 days. She has talked to a few different people at T-Mobile and she is just getting the company line. When told she would get out of her contract they said they understand her frustration, but could not help her. Do you have any suggestions? It amazes me that they don't care about making a customer happy!

Thanks!

9. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    They do care about her business but she didn't order the phone fully qualified so the phone is not free for here the 130 price is partial discount if your not fully qualified right now the promotion only applies to cust that haven't upgraded in past 22mo or new cust. Sorry but your friend got a great phone just had to pay more for it.

10. vcmike

vcmike New Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 6101
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Tmobileman:
    In the thread below (Is Tmo's customer service slipping) I posted that I had contacted pre-pay c.c. twice yesterday (09/19/08) & it sounded like I was speaking to another country. This is the first time this has happened to me in 7 years, is something changing? More curiosity than any problem.
    Thanks, Mike

11. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Maybe its the way you're sending the SMS. On GSM networks, you use +, (country code), and phone number. You either send to the number starting with the + or 011, but not both.

12. vernman15

vernman15 New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Do you know how accurate the coverage maps are regarding roaming in south Georgia? The appear to be very erratic and sporadic. Also has anyone been able to force roam while in south Georgia? Thanks !

13. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    Roaming coverage is more approximated than native coverage due to the coverage being from other providers, so it is not updated as quickly if new towers go up or old ones are decommissioned, you should be able to force roam as long as there isn't a tmo signal available by doing a manual network selection, if your phone won't register on the other carrier's network the roaming agreement may have ended or there towers may be having issues.

14. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    There are some things that are outsourced with tmobile but for the most part all cust care prepaid and post paid is native. if their was a long hold time you may have been passed off to an outsourcer. Their also exists the possibility that you just got a rep with an accent both times we are a very diverse company and even here in Idaho we have reps that are originally from another country so they speak with a thick accent as english is their second language.

15. vcmike

vcmike New Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 6101
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Thanks. The tip off was the long wait time, much longer than usual. I bought a Nokia 1208 with a free $25.00 refill card. The package was $19.99 The c.s.r.'s were friendly & helpful but one person told me that the phone came with a sim & the other person said it did not:confused:. I guess we'll see when it gets here.
    Thanks again,
    Mike

16. 777Braveheart

777Braveheart New Member

My Phone:
    HP Ipaq 510
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    Hi TMobileMan,

Can you please read my post titled "Cannot receive any text messages from any ATT users" in the tmobile forum? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks!

17. joemccrary

joemccrary New Member

Hi TMobileMan,

I have a question about the 3G network frequencies that T-Mobile is using. I've seen that they're using a dual 1700/2100 frequency. If I get a phone that just has the 2100, can I still use the 3G network (I've got an unlimited internet plan with my account)?

I'm thinking of getting the HTC Touch Pro:

HTC Touch Pro (T7272/TyTN III) from Clove Technology

The Android phone won't work for me.

18. COtech

COtech Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sam. Galaxy SII Skyrocket
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility
    I've copied a couple lines from the Technical Data:

Network HSDPA/WCDMA: Europe/Asia: 900/2100 MHz, Up to 384 kbps up-link and 7.2 Mbps down-link speeds

Since it doesn't mention USA or North America 2100 MHz, I'd expect not.

Europe pairs the 2100 with our 1900 MHz band (I think), and NA pairs the 2100 with the bottom of what Europe calls 1800 MHz (and has been renamed 1700 MHz here). That way, the same radio section can be used in both areas (with proper programming by the manufacturer).

COtech

19. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    sorry for the late response but I want to say yes you can but I will check tomorrow at work for sure and get back with you. I have been kind of busy lately so not online as much as in recent months, but hopefully life is slowing down a little more now so should be able to devote some more time to this site.

20. joemccrary

joemccrary New Member

Thank you for checking. I do appreciate it. I've got a few phones that I'm interested in, and they all only have the 2100.

21. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    Joe the answer I am given at work is that both will be available in the urban areas the lower freq will be utilized in non urban settings I have an email into an engineer friend of mine though so I am not comfortable saying this is the most accurate information just wanted to share the progress of your question. Still digging for ya.

22. joemccrary

joemccrary New Member

Thanks. What I've read on the net is that a phone needs both frequencies, that 1700 is used for uploading and 2100 for downloading. But, since those are from unofficial sources, I rather wait to hear back from you and your engineer friend.

23. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    Guess my Engineer friend is on Vacation through middle of next week so still no response

24. clock3687

clock3687 Cell Signal?????? Use it!

My Phone:
    Google Nexus S
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Your right. In order 2 use t-mobile 3g, the phone has to have the 1700/2100 bands in it. Its also called the AWS or 1700 band. The european 3g phones use 2100 for downlink and different uplink frequency in the pcs 1900 band, so they are not compatible with tmo 3g. Look for a phone that says 1700 or aws band iv on it and that should be compatible. Keep in mind that there aren't too many phones out there that have it.

25. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    there you go Joe thats the answer you've been waiting for. Sorry I didn't have it sooner but thanks to Clock

26. majbogus

majbogus New Member

T-Mobile needs to update their 3G FAQ:

3G FAQs

"What frequency does your 3G network support?

Our 3G network supports both the 1700MHz and 2100MHz frequencies."

It ought to read something to the effect that your device must support BOTH 1700Mhz and 2100Mhz to work on the US 3G network.

27. tieulinhtinh

tieulinhtinh New Member

Is mutimedia messaging kind of the same as text messaging. can i use mutilmedia messaging international?
    Thanks in adveance for helping.

28. Tullphan

Tullphan Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Desire
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I've got a question.
    T-Mobile has recently come into Southern Illinois (Carbondale, Marion, Murphysboro).
    How long before they cover the Harrisburg area?
    Since Alltel has sold out to VZW, there's no other provider here.
    I'm interested in T-Mobile since it has a similar plan to Alltel's "My Circle", but don't know if i'd qualify due to my location.
    Is T-Mobile CDMA or GSM?
    Thanks.

29. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    Tmobile is all GSM and you can run a coverage check on the website. tmobile.com

30. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    Multimedia Messaging or MMS is most often picture messaging, but can also include voice and video messaging. The rates are the same as text for both domestic and international messaging with tmobile currently those rates are .20 per message incoming and outgoing. For domestic messaging we do offer a few packages, currently 400 messages is 4.99, 1K is 9.99 and unlimited is 14.99 unless you have a fam plan then you can have unlimited for 19.95 and that covers your entire acct up to five lines. outgoing International messages are not included in the bundle deals and are rated at .20 per. If you receive a message from an international phone number than it is included in your bundle, and also if you traveling internationally then you're outgoing messages anywhere are .35 per msg, incoming still is included in whatever package you have, with no bundle to recieve while roaming in another country is .20 per msg.

you can send MMS international but some carriers internationally do not support MMS incoming from north america