Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

I am done with Sprint

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Andy, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmartZone

SmartZone New Member

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson K790a
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    and that hasn't changed in years since I first had Sprint PCS back in 2002. When I had an issue with my account being accessed without my authorization and someone attempted to add a line, I was advised by CS to go to the corporate store with two forms of ID to get it resolved.

I did that, only to be told by several people in the store including the manager to "call and fax it to CS" and they directed me to the "red phone" in a room off to the side. I did use the red phone indeed, to cancel my service as I am not going to do business with a company that doesn't stand behind it's products and take care of it's customer standing in front of them.

Even *Metro PCS* has in-store customer care (albeit you have to stand in line for two hours) but they are at least empowered to resolve problems at the store level. The impression I have of Sprint is they are one of the most anti-customer wireless providers out there, and despite their decent network and competitive plans, you are basically on your own once you sign on the dotted line.

I ported out to Cingular back then and have never looked at anyone else. the new at&t is one of the most expensive providers sans Verizon for what I get, 1MB of data for 9.99 are you serious but hey, at least the few times I've been in corp Cingular/at&t stores with billing questions or to add a feature to my account (like the ripoff MediaNet package) they did it with a smile and didn't direct me off in a corner somewhere like a child being put in time-out for being bad.

Sprint really needs to get it together or they'll soon be going the way of Amp'd. They lost how many thousands of subs 4thQ 06?

2. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Come on do you really think the 3rd largest carrier with over 50 million customers will just disappear like Amp'd? :rolleyes: Not a chance. Yes they did lose some subs but mostly from the IDEN side and overall they came out with a gain last quarter if you look at the net numbers.

3. SmartZone

SmartZone New Member

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson K790a
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    it's very possible. And Sprint does it's level best to alienate iDEN users even though the typical iDEN user (NOT talking about Boost) is a much higher ARPU, long life business customer. I know of one ambulance service here in Atlanta that used Nextel since 1997 when they migrated over from analog FM dispatch and then when Sprint took over, the service started deteriorating to the point where it was unreliable. Calls to Sprint to get anything done were about as futile as trying to reach your member of congress.

The company ended up spending a ton of money to move back to traditional dispatch radio (in this case, the new state of Georgia GEWIN Project 25 digital trunked system) and dumped their Nextels altogether, around 130 lines...and ended up porting the phone numbers over to Verizon (they still needed phones as the GEWIN radios don't do phone interconnect). Their main reason for leaving was Nextel's total lack of response or desire to serve the customer. It wasn't always that way, before the merger, customers like this were the red carpet of Nextel and they should be, when your company spends an average of 10 grand a month on service you expect to be given a little more than the 29.99 a month SERO plan user.

Don't think it isn't possible, keep doing business the way Sprint has been and they could go south or worse yet another buyout. However I don't think Verizon (who would have the cash to do it) would want to inherit such a white elephant.

I just wish they would find it within themselves to improve. I would have their data in heartbeat I am sick and tired of waiting for at&t to get a real deployment of high speed data not to mention make it AFFORDABLE but I refuse to be treated like crap when I spend money with a company. I don't expect a Cadillac for a dime for for God's sake, if I go into your corporate store with a legit issue the company should take it from there and work to resolve it. That isn't asking much, and firing customers who call customer service "too much"? Again, maybe if the issue is solved the first time correctly they wouldn't be on the phone every 5 minutes calling you. I think most people have something better to do with their day anyway, I know I do.

and for those who try to abuse the system, they could use a little more tact and do what T-Mobile does to subs who call in 30 times a day, disable the ability to do so and send them a letter saying that the only way they can contact CS is to do so via USPS mail at the corporate HQ address, that will shut them up fast but still keep them paying.

4. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    You're not trying to place the blame on Nextel's deteriorating service on Sprint taking over are you? Even some of the die hard Sprint haters on the forums concede that the Nextel network was already sinking badly before the merger and it's just a coincidence that it hit rock bottom shortly after the Sprint merger. It would have happened with or without Sprint.

5. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Boost killed Nextel.

6. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I don't buy into that entirely. Boost did play a role in it but I think there were other factors as well.

7. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Boost didn't help, but i think Nextel killed Nextel more then anything.

8. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Nextel never really had a good plan to save themselves. So they relied on Sprint to try to bail them out. But that task proved to ee more challenging than originally thought. I think Sprint probably overpaid for Nextel but I'm still glad this merger happened as I continue to see personal benefits from it.

9. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    What are your personal benfits

10. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

How about 7 new synergy sites in my city alone since the merger? :)

11. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

Sprint Loss 300k Iden Subs....But gained 1.5 in Cdma subs, You remember CDMA Sprint's future technology, the techology that CAN be grown into other technologies, The Techology that has thousand times more capacity then Iden.

12. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

1-Sprint (pre-merger) APRU was Q after Q coming chump change short of Nextel, so trust me Sprint wasn't looking at the APRU.

2-Alienate Iden customer's right--Which is why each Iden sub regardless of handset length was give almost free upgrades to the IC phones, Sprint is still adding Iden sites to CDMA towers for more capacity (Some you would've never gotten from Nextel)

Yea- you were treated like Red Carpet....Which is why Nextel created Boost knowning that they didnt have the capacity to serve Boost and "The Red Carpet", but they did it anyway.....Yea you were the RED CARPET alright.

I do agree with you here, cant keep having down quarter.....Even if VZW wanted Sprint, FCC wouldn't allow it, can you say monopoly.

Sprint Problem is - VERY POOR MARKETING (Although Print Marketing is rather Good) and Customer Service (But dont get me wrong It not at the level that people on the boards try to dramatically drum it up to be, if it was that inept Sprint would have been gone long ago, no company can survive with the level of inept CS that many HATERS want us to believe they get.

They need to do something to stop the Leeching....Even after the whole "Cancellation" Outrage...People are on HOFO still trying to find way to Leech, even with Sero.

13. Simon5282

Simon5282 Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Leech, even with sero??? What do they expect? Sero is dirt cheap. The companies need to at least break even, if not make a profit so we can still keep getting service.

14. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

The problem with some of the people who get SERO plans is that they want to have their cake and eat it to. I mean you get a $30/mo plan which includes all kinds of great stuff that no other carrier can touch. But then they suddenly become ungrateful and go around hating Sprint when something doesn't go as planned. I know some people were pissed off at Sprint because they couldn't get the U/L SMS promo with SERO after they had signed up before the promo started. And others who wanted a 25% corporate discount on top of SERO.

15. @TheRealDanny

@TheRealDanny ALL IN

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile USA
    I don't think Andy looked for problems. He tried to get his situation resolved over the phone (like most customers do). He was bounced around like a bunny rabbit and given poor customer service. That's it.

First impressions are everything. I'm sure he has several lines that potentially could of been Sprint's one day. Now all that is left is an extremely poor impression of a company already plagued with a terrible CS rep that he won't forget soon enough.

Andy shouldn't be the one labeled as the bad guy here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. @TheRealDanny

@TheRealDanny ALL IN

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile USA
    Look on the bright side, at least you didn't get hung up on. And I was starting to feel sorry for you. :wink:

I've been trying to port out 55 lines from Amp'd for my employees for the past two months. They're a nightmare to deal with too. They beat Sprint in the hold time longevity race even prior to their demise.

Amp'd would always keep you on hold for over an hour even though my company owns a chunk of them (or did).

I hope I just didn't give away who I work for. :O

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

But Andy Knew (And even admitted before hand) that Sprint service wasnt up to PAR in his neck of the woods (He Knew This, He was Sprint Customer Before) and it wasnt until the 29th day that he began having problems with Service, YEA Right, I have Bridge in Brooklyn.....and now Sprint CS wont send him a Return Label because "They're out to get him"..uuhh OK...A Return Label is the easiest thing to get weather you under the 30 day return policy or not; I have done it 100's of times.....

And why did he have to create another Thread about the same experience when he already had one going about leaving Sprint and poor CS just a couple of weeks back..http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/g...54-my-sprint-vs-verizon-customer-service.html

Flame me all you want, because I challenge Andy's Story......But a Spades a Spade.

Andy not a bad guy, Im just trying to understand his all-of-a-sudden need to Bash Sprint, when he knew what he was getting into!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.