Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

I am done with Sprint

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Andy, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    I am sick and tired of dealing with Sprint- they are the most un-organized company I have ever dealt with; everything is hard and requires a hundred steps to get done, nobody in Customer Care knows what they are doing, that is, if you can get through to someone at Customer Care.
    I am on the phone with Sprint right now: I have been transferred to 8 different reps over the last two hours and NONE of them have been able to help me. All I want to do is get a damn return slip for my phone so I can return it to a store and get my money back. They transfer me to the NEXTEL side, and after being on hold for half an hour decide they can't pull up my account, then they transfer me to someone else who is unable to process my request, blah blah blah. They are telling me my account number is not active and they can't pull up my phone number. Give me a break. Don't tell me they are moving billing systems, moving their Customer Care center or whatever- this is ridiculous and I will never deal with Sprint again.
    This makes me appreciate the customer service I receive from other companies a lot more.

2. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    So Andy are you going to try AT&T now or go back to Verizon.

3. Etorres777

Etorres777 Life is good for now..

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t Mobility
    What a nightmare, sorry to hear about all the trouble you're having with them. You can't just return at a store? You need a return slip?

4. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    yup, I am not at all surprised to hear that. You are exactly right, they are totally disorganized. Good luck.

5. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    I hear you loud and clear on the customer service issues. Sprint has some of the worst customer service I have ever dealt with in my life. The whole Ensemble/Premier crap drives me up the wall, I have trouble understanding the reps with terribly broken English, and the hold times are out of control. I have been dealing with a billing problem for about three months now... I have three accounts (one is legit and two are duplicates -- a billing system transition hiccup). If it weren't for the handsets being unlocked and the price I pay for my SERO plan I would have gone back to VZW a long time ago. But hey, I get what I pay for... right? *sigh* ... where is that perfect carrier?

6. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Exactly...I was also having a hard time understanding at least half of the reps that "helped" me today. Now they noted my account telling the store to take back my device without a return slip...I doubt that will happen but we will see.

7. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I got a great deal with Verizon so I'm staying. AT&T's network quality in my area is still lacking, even though it has improved a lot since I tried them last.

8. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Yup...you need a return slip...How dumb is that?

Thanks for the Good luck wishes. My 30 days end on the 22nd and I'm leaving the country on the 21st, so I'm trying to get this done.

9. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    But yet they must doing something right because they've managed to keep you as a customer with a nice new Muziq. :D

Generally the people who are set up on grandfathered plans who don't keep calling customer service to switch phones, devices, etc are the ones who will find that Sprint works best. Someone who's prone to getting bored of phones fast, switching plans and adding/removing things, ordering phones by mail and cancelling service in the first 30 days are the ones who are potentially going to have the problems. Sprint must really like customers like me who keep the same phone and plan for years and never call customer service. :D

10. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    How would I consider something to work best when I am "stuck" with what I have and afraid to call/make any changes whatsoever because I'm afraid I may end up getting hassles?
    I am not surprised people are getting called because they "call" Customer Service too much. It's their own fault- I,alone, today spoke to 10 different reps and my issue has not been resolved? Whose fault is that? Honestly, why can't Sprint have universal reps like Verizon does. I have never been transfered and every issue I have had within the past 5 years with Verizon, the first rep was able to take care of on the first call- wait time for reps have always been seconds for me.
    Also, Sprint is putting scars in people's memories,and has been for years with their Customer Service and, to be honest, I am not planning on signing up with Sprint again for a really long time,doesn't matter if they give me 90% off my bill. The hassles I have had to deal with this past month have been ridiculous.

11. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Just wait until they finish changing billing systems and move the customer care back to the US. ;) Then things will be better.

12. Fire14

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    You are better off staying with Verizon & their proven track record for you Andy, Maybe in a few years both Sprint & AT&T could be a consideration, but till then stay with what works. I know that's why I stayed with AT&T, I know it works here.

Hope everything works out on the billing end with this for you.

13. Steve B

Steve B Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I'm sorry to hear about your issues Andy. All that crap for a slip.....O_O. If I had to leave Sprint for whatever reason, both networks of at&t and VZW are well built out here in the Seattle/Puget Sound region so coverage would not be a problem. LOL

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Sorry to hear that Andy. Good luck with Verizon. Like others have mentioned, you have found that they work the best in your area.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. Allan

Allan New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola i870 - iDEN
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Nextel, Sprint
    you should be on the inside..... its worse.....

16. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    Lol... I can only imagine.

17. ponderpoint

ponderpoint New Member

Same here. Coasting for ten years with no complaints.... Until the jackal showed up that is known as Shentel (Shenandoah Personal Communications Company) and started to rip away at the carcass.

When is Sprint not Sprint? When an overzealous affiliate (Shentel) decides it's in charge. We are so gone from Sprint and its minion - Shentel... They couldn't even fix a simple problem - a defective new phone that was discovered after we were signing up again. They were indignant that we didn't re-up with the Shentel rogue storefront (we were on a trip and lost a cell phone) and can't understand by not being more customer orientated..... They've lost thousands of dollars down the road for both Sprint and Shentel.... Really dumb!

Shentel (Shenandoah Personal Communications Company) obviously does not know the definition of "affiliate" and Sprint doesn't know the defintion of "management".....

We dumped our stock in Sprint immediately after this incident, pretty much a no-brainer.

18. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Well Andy I am sure you got your moneys worth if you know what I mean.

19. Allan

Allan New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola i870 - iDEN
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Nextel, Sprint
    when we were Nextel things wern't to bad but when Sprint "Merged" with us and the "New Company" was formed things went down hill....
    It was no merger they cleaned house, they made a big deal when they said they were coming up for a new name for the company, as you can tell Nextel is being cut away little by little.

20. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Oh come on we all know that Nextel was in trouble even before the merger started. It's easy to try and put the blame on Sprint for Nextel's outdated and sinking network that would have crashed with or without the Sprint merger.

21. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    So true. Sprint bought Nextel right before Nextel would have imploded on its own, so Sprint looks like the bad guy when it isn't all their fault. Sprint did do some stupid things (continue to sell Boost for example) so they are not totally free from blame.

22. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Thanks, Tom. Everything did work out after about half an hour of arguing at the store. The reps at the store were not very friendly. They were all sitting behind their desks, bored to death when I came in, leaning on the desk and one person greeted me. The manager was busy helping a client that was in the store at this time. The rep would not take back my phone and said it was impossible for him to do anything for me, even though the notes on the account told him to take back the phone. He just told me to call Customer Service from my handset in front of him. I asked him what he wanted me to ask from CS, since I talked to TWELVE agents yesterday and nobody was able to help me, and I said that I don't think we should both waste our time waiting half an hour for someone to pick up the phone. He said well, then, I can't help you, so I waited for the manager to be done with her customer and the rep called her over, saying that "He doesn't wanna talk to me anymore". I explained the manager my situation and what I had been told by CS and she told the rep to go into this screen and return the phone- no big deal and the rep knew exactly how to do it afterall. Idiots. I tell you, I really don't care how cheap of a plan I can get with Sprint, I will not sign up anytime soon again.

Lol yeah. It's crazy to think about the trouble you have to go through just to return a damn phone... I can totally understand how people are getting dumped off Sprint for "calling" CS too much now after what I had gone through. It's Sprint's own fault and has been their worst problem for years.

Thanks Erik! Customer Service was a hassle with Sprint when I needed them, and the phone just didn't work well in the areas I spend my time with, so even though they do include roaming, I don't wanna force roam 80% of the time.

23. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I definitely agree with you. You do not want Sprint ending your agreement like they have been to certain customers. Maybe Sprint will be better in your area in another year or two.

24. Fire14

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

Wow that is amazing to say the least, he wanted you to call CS in front of him vs looking at the computer? I would have ended up in a fight in the store big time.
    At least it's over for you now & hopefully Sprint can get this part of their act together, then they can be a better company.

25. CellGeek

CellGeek Sprint is the BOMB!

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Andy,

I understand your frustration with customer service, but here in the OC/LA area, Sprint it number-1 and cannot be beat. Maybe when Sprint moves their customer support back to the USA, you can come back at that time. :)

26. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Thanks guys. Coverage wise, if Sprint were number 1 in this area, then I may not mind the bad customer service, but having less than stellar native coverage and horrible customer service, for now, is not worth it me, not even for a $30 per month plan.

27. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):

I know, isn't that amazing? I was stunned myself when the guy just wanted me to pick up the phone and call Customer Service right in front of him...I just kinda stunned and asked him why he was here then.
    Hopefully Sprint can get their CS act together- seems like they are working on that, but I feel like Sprint has gotten horrible CS reviews for years, so this has been way, way overdue!

28. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I think it is because Sprint's official policy (I was told this by an employee...she is one of the good ones) is that the store employees are there for sales, not customer service.

They flat-out instruct their employees to direct existing customers with problems to customer care. From a sales perspective, it makes sense, but it is just poor customer service and a bad policy. At the very least Sprint should have an employee call into CS, explain the situation, then hand the phone over to the customer if need be.

Sprint needs to realize that things that might be bad for the bottom line in the short term actually will help them in the long run.

29. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I agree with you. When I walk into a company store, doesn't matter if it's a Qwest store, Sprint store, or Maytag store, I expect to get my problem solved. I am walking into a company store, why should they not act as Customer Service for me? Some people( I personally know a lot of those people) would much rather deal with CS directly, face to face, and not over the phone. It's pretty lame to just have stores for sales, and then after I walk out the door if I need Customer Service, I need to be hold for over half an hour to talk to a CS agent, who, most likely, will have to transfer me again. It's not a very good way to do this. Sure, there are some on this forum who will just not acknowledge this problem and say "just wait" until Sprint gets their CS back to the U.S. I'm not holding my breath. After years of this I would be highly impressed if things can change for the good quickly and for the best of the customers.

30. lennyj17

lennyj17 Junior Member

Sometimes I get the feeling People look for problems!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.