Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Hudson Valley Help

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Katt505, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Katt505

Katt505 New Member

Does anyone know how to get information regarding tower building in any given area? I want to stick with ATT, but I need to know if they have plans to build/update towers in the Hudson Valley! I know they have bought out Cell One, but when I approached customer service about this issue, they gave me the run around, in a major way. Any help would be.....helpfull. lol
    kurt

2. momcat1

momcat1 Member

My Phone:
    Nokia N75
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    I've heard nothing about tower updates. About the best we can hope for right now I think, is that they leave all of the CellOne towers in place. God knows we don't have enough cell coverage from any provider in this area, if you go away from Rt. 9! Personally I don't live or work over there, so cell coverage has always been a challenge. Changing providers really hasn't helped. Contacting them hasn't helped. We'd be better off if the NIMBY's hadn't inruded. I can always get good coverage once I leave the Hudson Valley.

3. seaham358

seaham358 New Member

I was a Cellone user for around 8 years and I just signed over to ATT and wish I stayed with my cellone longer.
    Just 2 days into this switch and I plan on taking my ATT phones back and hope I can switch back to Cellone??
    I lost so many coverage areas its not funny... I have no signal at my house now, next to no coverage on 9G where I had it before. The list goes on with only really 1 day of driving around.

And I talked to 3 different ATT/Old Cellone stores and a Radio shack and they all said that the Cellone towers were now used by ATT.. BULLS$#T..
    They sucked me in...I love the new phones I got and got a SUPER deal through Radio Shack, but the coverage lost I can not deal with..

4. seaham358

seaham358 New Member

Well after a few day I want back to Radio Shack and _____ed to the Manager and he was very helpful. After a few calls he said that the Samsung is one of the worst phones for reception.. I'm like ya ok, another line of crap to drag me along till the 30 days is up. He says I'll swap out the phones with with another.. I said I wanted to try a Razr v3xx.

so now a few day later and a few miles traveled and I am THRILLED with the coverage I'm getting. Better then with Cell one and the call quality is super.. Took a ride to areas where I had no service or limited and I had service with ATT and the V3xx. Even with 1 bar I can have a conversation and no dropped calls... Loving the switch now..