Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

HTC Wizard (Cingular 8125/T-Mobile MDA) Flashed to WM6

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows Mobile Phones' started by nKrypteD1, Jun 15, 2007.

1. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Intro

This morning I was bored and was playing with my 8125 so I decided to try out some of the various Custom Rom's available from XDA Developers while I was there reading, I ran across several discussions on Windows Mobile 6 "Crossbow" and decided to try one of the Roms that had WM6 in it. Please note: Whatever follows from here is potentially Illegal (Grey Area as far as I know) and also if you damage your device, nobody is responsible but you. I'm simply sharing my experience and view. I will try to post some screenshots later this afternoon.

My Review of WM6

So far so good, I'm using a Rom called "XM6" availabe here XDA Mobile 6 (XM6) - Taking You to the Limit - xda-developers Some big changes I've noticed:

• VoIP Support
    • Updated Appearance and Faster Graphics
    • Much better Sounds and Rings
    • Like Vista mostly Graphic Update

Built into the Rom:
    • Total Commander
    • Adobe Reader
    • Smartskey
    • PHM Regedit
    • a PIM Backup utility
    • an Overclock utility
    • Much Much More

Main reason I guess why anybody would want to upgrade to WM6 is it supports office 2007, I just wanted to see what it's all really about for myself. So far I have the illusion of speed, things seem to go a bit faster on my 8125, which has been a big gripe for me. The installation went fairly easily, I just had to use my roommates pc as mine has Vista on it and I don't trust Vista to flash (have had issues with vista dropping connection to my pda.)

Instructions

Instructions are available in the post XDA Mobile 6 (XM6) - Taking You to the Limit - xda-developers

CID unlocking instructions are
    [READ FIRST] The Definitive Guide to Unlocking & Rom Upgrading G3 Wizards - xda-developers (I only posted G3 instructions, everything on how to tell if your phone is a G3 is there and if it's not there's a link on how to get your G4 unlocked)

Warning: Everything here is included for Informational Purposes, you are responsible for any Damages done to your Device, furthermore if you violate any laws, whether national or international, it's your own problem.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...