Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

HTC Thunderbolt Dead AKA Bricked

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by jared845, Aug 12, 2012.

1. jared845

jared845 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Hey so i am now on my 3rd android smart phone, because some how my phone got bricked, and will not even power up. As a result it is time to burry this phone and move on to the galaxy nexus any thoughts on the nexus.

2. chimeraX

chimeraX New Member

Did you try to install a custom ROM on your Android? And your phone bricked. Have you decided to buy Nexus or would you like to unbrick the phone and use it. I found this on the internet. If you want to unbrick the phone give it a try, it might work for you. You may need a new SD card, because your computer might not be able to read the one in your mobile, but if it does then you don't have to spend your money on a new SD card.

Step 1: Turning Off Your Phone
    >Because you have a bricked phone, you can't just hold the power button. So if your phone is not already off then you're going to want to take out the battery.
    Step 2: Preparing Your SD card
    >Take out your SD card and put it into an SD card reader or some type of other adapter so that we can view it from our computer. If you cannot view the SD card on your computer then you're going to need a new SD card.
    >Download DREAIMG-RC29.zip and unzip the file.
    >Reformat the SD card to FAT32 and copy the DREAIMG.nbh onto it.
    >Safely eject the SD card.
    >Put the SD card into your device.
    Step 3: Wipe the Phone
    Hold home and press the power button.
    >When you see the image of an exclamation mark, open your keyboard and press Alt + L if you cannot see any command options.
    >Do a factory reset by pressing Alt + W or just using the trackball.
    >When the reset is done, go ahead and hold the camera button and select the reboot system now option with your trackball.
    Step 4: Flashing the Phone
    >Once the grey screen pops up (or the white screen) it will ask you to hit a button to start installing the imageā€¦press that button. DO NOT DO ANYTHING TO STOP THIS PROCCESS. It will take about 8-12 minutes.
    When the image has completed the installation (it will say completed), go ahead and press the green, red, and menu buttons at the same time. The phone will reboot.
    The G1 screen will hang there for a good minute or two, but be patient, it will boot. Now you have a choice. Try to hack your phone again, because you're in the correct state to have another go, or, you can stick with the official Android.