Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

HTC One X to Moto X 2nd Gen - the king is dead, long live the king!

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by Scrumhalf, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, Sprint
    Just picked up the Moto X 2nd Gen yesterday at Best Buy! Loving it so far!

Anyone know when AT&T is going to push Lollipop? Cant wait - near stock Android is pure sweetness!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    charlyee, budney and viewfly like this.
  2. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Nice looking new Moto X. I wished Apple gave all those options for the back plate...colors, leather, and wood. Very cool.

Last year I broke the 32Gb barrier. So that limit on the Moto X would be a problem for me. I have 64 now. Important without a removable SD card.

The curved back make these larger phones easier to hold. It really helps. The Moto X feels good in the hand ( on the X, haven't tried the 2nd gen X yet). I feel the same on the iPhone 6.

The camera reviews are not the best. What do you think?

The reviews are good for the overall appearance too. More metal, less plastic. I read on PhoneScoop, "Motorola has now joined Apple, HTC, and Samsung in using metal frames that do triple duty as the structure, sides, and antenna for the phone". It seems Motorola engineers feel okay now with the antenna on the external metal band too.

Congratulations on the new phone. A Black Friday deal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Scrumhalf

My Phone:
    Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, Sprint
    Yep. $49 on a 2 yr contract renewal. I got it mainly for the near stock Android experience. I don't store anything on the phone, only stream Pandora, etc., so storage is not a big deal for me. Ergonomics are great. I hardly ever use the camera other than for quick snaps. I have a full frame DSLR for serious photography. So the camera is not a major thing for me. Moreover, I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 through work, so I didn't want an S5.

The phones I was comparing were the Moto X, the HTC One M8 and the LG G3. Didn't like the G3, so it was between the first two. I chose the Moto X because it had a bigger screen in a shorter phone and I won't really use the front speakers of the M8.

Overall, I am really happy with the choice. A flagship phone released in September 2014 for 49 bucks in November! I love capitalism and free markets lol...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #3 Scrumhalf, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
    charlyee and viewfly like this.
  4. Scrumhalf

My Phone:
    Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, Sprint
    After 1 week with the Moto X, I must say that I absolutely love it! Everything about it - the form factor, the performance, etc. Most of all, I love the fact that the software is almost pure Android with just a few Motorola touches added, all of which enhance the stock experience instead of making some stupid change for the sake of the change.

The IR proximity feature is great where I can wave my hand over the phone to wake it up, silence alarms, etc. Also, the voice commands are well done and very effective. The BT implementation is very good - the phone communicates seamlessly with my car audio/nav system. Pandora plays over the car stereo through BT without any issues including reconnecting without any intervention the next morning.

I am waitingo for Lollipop to be pushed to the phone by AT&T - not sure when that will happen.

JFB and charlyee like this.