Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

HTC has been unlocked or flashed...

Discussion in 'HTC Phones' started by JasonNmaria, Mar 6, 2012.

1. JasonNmaria

JasonNmaria Guest

My husband and I just bought an HTC EVO from a friend and the person told us it was unlocked... when the friend got his new iphone and had his service switched to the new phone from the HTC... when I got the phone it was on a blank screen with small letters diagnally across the hole screen and wouldnt do anything... the friend said it went to that screen after deactivation.. we called last night to activate the phone for me and the person at Sprint tried resetting or reprograming the phone but nothing worked to get passed that screen.... the guy on the phone said it had been "rooted" I'm not familiar with the "flashed" or "unlocked" terms on a phone.. how do I get my phone to work so I can activate it? Whatever was done needs to be undone so I can use it.. anyone know what I am tlaking about?

2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Sounds like your friend had removed the original software that came on the phone, and put his own on. Now it seems Sprint won't activate the phone unless it it in the original configuration. That seems to be my best guess.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jakson0100

jakson0100 Banned

Really surprising that HTC would give the community less than was expected.

Kind of like the incomplete kernel source they released a few weeks back.

HTC, I am disappoint:lmao::nono::coolshade:crying::headscrat