Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

HTC Eris - Locked or Unlocked?

Discussion in 'HTC Phones' started by micha510, Feb 26, 2012.

1. micha510

micha510 New Member

I just purchased a refurbished HTC Eris for my teenager. I bought a prepaid phone plan through PagePlus Cellular and the phone plan operates on Verizon. The plan I bought provided a few
    Gs of data. My son told me that he watched one video on YouTube and went on FB twice. Well after that he could not access the internet. He was told that he had used up all his data- that is not acceptable. So I found out that Straight Talk offers unltd. data at cheaper price than what I would have to pay PagePlus but their SIM will only work on an unlocked phone. How do I know if this phone is unlocked. I do know it is CDMA and dual band Mhz whatever that means but the StraightTalk agent told me that as long as the phone is an unlocked phone the ST SIM will work. Can anybody help me with this please? i just don't need to lose more money.

2. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Sorry but the Eris (CDMA) will not work on Straight Talk. ST uses the AT&T (GSM) network, while PagePlus uses the Verizon (CDMA) network. Your best bet is to sell or trade the Eris for a unlocked AT&T phone. Unlocking normally refers to GSM. It Allows the phone to accept any SIM card other then just the one the phone is branded (AT&T). CDMA phones like the Eris don't have SIM cards, so they can't be unlocked. But instead with a certain code can be reprogrammed, and used on providers like PagePlus.

Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk

3. micha510

micha510 New Member

Thank you so much; your reply was extremely helpful.

4. UriahSpencer

UriahSpencer New Member

Thanks friends for sharing informaions i was thinking about it for my teenager so thank you again.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks friends for sharing informaions i was thinking about it for my teenager so thank you again.