Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

HTC HTC 10 is a Sales Dud

Discussion in 'Wireless News' started by M in LA, Jul 5, 2016.

1. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    I wonder if the upcoming (rumored) HTC-built Nexus phones will do anything to alleviate that. Nexus is a niche device and the Nexus 9 did absolutely nothing to improve the HTC image, but the buzz surrounding said rumors is pretty good.

3. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    I have been kicking around the idea of getting a new phone... (I've have my HTC ONE M8 for about 19 months now). I looked on AT&T's site, and they're pushing the HTC ONE A9 as the latest HTC phone. The 10 isn't available.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    @M in LA: While Samsung does seem to be more prized than LG and HTC, Samsung also has experienced declined sales due to the influx of less expensive but very capable Chinese phones. The rumors, like tides, seem to ebb and flow regarding the Note 7. Some of the rumors I was very excited about have recently been challenged. The 4,000mAh battery is now reportedly only 3,600. The 5.8" screen is now remaining at 5.7. I've gotten so peaved at the reports that I've decided to stop reading them and just see what the real thing is on August 2nd (Samsung's Unpacked Event).

5. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Until the S7 Edge, I wouldn't consider a Samsung. They were on my crap list since their horrible SCH-a790 world phone on Verizon back in 2004. I used to call them Samsuck and would avoid the Galaxy series like the plague (going with the great HTC Droid DNA, which I had for several years). I remember when Samsung was the one in an unpleasant position like HTC. Then I saw the S7 Edge and read all the write-ups about it. They finally sold me and apparently a lot of other people too. They didn't get it perfect, but they got it as right as a phone maker can. And sales prove it.

I'm angry at HTC. The Droid DNA was one of the best phones I've ever owned. The phones that followed the DNA became junk, IMO. HTC blew it years ago. When I saw the 10, all I saw was an OK phone that the S7 Edge still beat. Yes, my opinion. Well apparently sales prove it true. If even AT&T wouldn't take the phone, that tells you something. I'm disappointed in LG and HTC. And I'm glad Samsung FINALLY got the hint and has created excellent phones. Phones other manufacturers are compared to.

Oh and I don't blame you about all the speculation around the Note7. It's getting silly. Same with the upcoming iPhone. Enough already.

JFB likes this.
  6. JFB

JFB Gold Senior Member
    Administrator Super Moderator

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Simple Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO)