Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

How's everyone doing?

Discussion in 'The Roaming Zone' started by Scrumhalf, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Scrumhalf

Scrumhalf Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, Sprint
    Hi peeps, how's everyone? Haven't been on here in a while! See many of the old names around, some new ones I guess, just like any other forum!

Just wanted to report that AT&T just turned on LTE in Portland... the icon just lit up on my phone (HTC One X) yesterday. It's been coming and going, so I guess they must be testing out the towers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    1 person likes this.
  2. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Hey Scrumhalf, long time. Congrats on the LTE, our area is supposed to get it early next year.

HTC One X? What happened to the iPhone?
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Scrumhalf

My Phone:
    Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, Sprint
    Hi Charlyee, my contract renewal came up and the choice was to either get a 4S or wait for the as-yet announced 5, or dip my toes into the Android pond. Heard great things about the HTC One X, so decided to take the plunge. It's worked out really well. Android can occasionally be a bit rough around the edges, but for the most part, I have not seen too much difference in terms of functionality between Android and the iPhone. Loving the LTE though! How have you been? Docomo? Are you traveling to Japan these days? I see you still have the Nextel. Our work phones are on Nextel too, but they are gradually moving people to the standard Sprint network.

Anyway, nothing much else happening here. Just work, family, etc. I have been keeping a low profile on the boards, just a couple that I visit regarding the gym and photography. Haven't been on WA for quite some time, so I thought I'd drop in and see how everyone is doing. :D

4. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Hey Scrumhalf. Welcome back! You will definitely enjoy LTE around town. I have been enjoying Verizon's LTE around the area here for six months now. Hope to see you on WA more often in the future.

5. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Glad you dropped in and hope to see more posts from you. :)

So now that the iPhone 5 has LTE, are you going for it?

Yes, I still have Nextel but are going to get phased over to Sprint early 2013. THE Docomo is actually an Indian SIM, a Tata Docomo joint venture I believe. Somehow the "Tata" part appears to missing when I use it in a device in the US or India.

6. Scrumhalf

My Phone:
    Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, Sprint
    Hi Gamer03, good to be back! I'll promise to drop in at least once a day and see how things are around here! :D

Charlyee, no, since I just renewed my contract with the HTC One X, I won't be back on Apple for a while. Not sure I want to buy one out of contract, that's a bit too much for me. Anyway, I was Appled out, just wanted a change. And I really like the HTC and the Android ecosystem. Pretty much the same as Apple, got the same things, at least the apps I normally use.

- - - Updated - - -

And oh yeah, looks like AT&T jacked up the speed in the last day or two. Liking what I am seeing now!!!

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  7. budney

budney Resident Headbanger

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Hey Scrumhalf, nice to hear from you again. I moved to Eugene a year ago. Switched to AT&T a couple of months back, and got a Lumia. Hopefully I can get those speeds soon. Just missed the flip in Portland, I was up there a couple of weekends ago. :)
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

8. Scrumhalf

My Phone:
    Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, Sprint
    Hi everyone! Been using Tapatalk a lot more, so it is much easier to keep up to date on multiple forums instead of opening multiple web pages. Hope everyone is doing great!

2 people like this.
  9. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Hey there Scrumhalf nice to see you back here. I have recently acquired a Moto X but cannot make up my mind between the X and the iPhone 5, so using both as situation permits. :D

Hoping to see more posts from you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Scrumhalf

My Phone:
    Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, Sprint
    Hi Charlyee, thanks! I'm doing well, still in Portland, just 2 years older! Good to see lots of the old names!

I'm not sure what my next phone is going to be. I'm out of contract, so I will wait and see.

Sent from my XT603 using Tapatalk 2

11. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    To Scrumhalf: Just reading your initial post and I had to wonder if it truly was that LTE was just turned on in your area or that you had gone through the upgrade cycle. A few posts down, my suspicions were confirmed--you went through an upgrade cycle. AT&T isn't telling people, but LTE has been up in many markets. For some reason, they are not automatically making it available to subscribers until after they upgrade. When I went from the Note2 to the Note3 last year, "all of a sudden" I was getting LTE. I inquired and they confirmed it is option they need to activate and they wait for consumers to upgrade before doing so. Not sure why they are doing it that way, but they are.

#11 KevinJames, Jul 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  12. Scrumhalf

My Phone:
    Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, Sprint
    Kevin, original post on this thread was from 2012. I think LTE us pretty pervasive now in Portland. I occasionally lose the LTE ocon, especially indoors in some places but it is rare.

13. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Sorry It might help if I paid attention to the dates on the posts. :googlyeye Take care.

14. Scrumhalf

My Phone:
    Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T, Sprint
    Haha.. No worries, I do that all the time!