Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

how to unlock Moto 180 w/ code

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by bheb, Nov 19, 2006.

1. bheb

bheb New Member

Hi,
    I have an unlock code for my 180, but don't know how to do it. Don't know where to input it. Have talked to local unicel office, they act like they don't know what I'm talking about. Anyone out there know what to do once you've got the code?
    Thanks!
    -b
    PS it was a cingular phone.

2. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    If you have the subsidy unlock code then you will need to put a foreign (ie non-Cingular) SIM card in the phone, at which point it will ask for the subsidy unlock code, you should then enter the code and the phone will load like normal. You should be able to use your UNICEL SIM card for this purpose.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Here's the instruction Cingular sent me to unlock my Razr, below that is the process to unlock other Motorola models:

The following is the process for entering the unlock code for your phone.

IMPORTANT: You have five tries to enter this code into your phone. If you go beyond the five tries unsuccessfully your phone will not be able to be unlocked. If you get "Code Error" displayed on your handset twice we suggest you call us before going any further.

1. Insert the non-Cingular SIM card.

2. Turn on your handset.

You will then be prompted to enter the eight digit unlock code.
    Your unlock code is:
    The handset is then successfully unlocked.

All other Motorola handset models use these instructions:

1. Insert the non-Cingular SIM card.

2. Turn on your handset.

3. Press and hold the * key until a box appears.

4. Enter *#32#

5. Press OK

6. Enter the unlock code:

7. The handset is then successfully unlocked.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bheb

bheb New Member

Hi,

Am having no luck. Keeps saying contact service provider. The sim card doesn't prompt for a pw, & holding * doesn't bring up a box. If I have to send this to someone, anyone know of a reputable company that unlocks phones?

Oh, I just got subsidy code box (not sure how), but entering code didn't do anything, went back to contact service provider.

Geez! Anyone know how to do a flex reset? I think that's what it is called, to remove all the old cingular stuff & replace w/ unicel icons?:confused: