Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

How to un-bug a verizon LG VX4500

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by sarah0, Jun 4, 2011.

1. sarah0

sarah0 New Member

Hi, I found it very warm without using it . I can access its secret menu. any specific procedure that results in returning it to its factory original status. it is a prepaid one. no much balance on it & I can re-activate it. also I can get a USB cable for it & upgrade it from the computer. Does upgrading it guarantee removing spyware from it? thanks for the help

2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    What makes you sure it has "spyware" on it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sarah0

sarah0 New Member

it was in the office & next to another cell phone when I found it warm. I touched the other cell phone to compare the two of them, the difference was clear.
    Also I charged its battery the day before that incident, but it went out of power the morning after incident even though I did not use it in between.

if I use it continuously for 2 hours, it will be as warm as I found it.

I am not really sure it is bugged, but I need to use it for important things & I do not want to take any risks.

4. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Just being warm can be an indication of a bad battery too.

Also, you charged it the day before, and it died the day after... You got 3 days use out of it, that's still pretty good. As much as I use my phones if I don't charge every night I risk the battery dying before I get hom on the second day.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. sarah0

sarah0 New Member

actually I got 2.5 days instead of the normal 5 days for battery charging.
    also for that specific case I did not use the cell phone from charging it till the battery needed to be recharged. the battery is not old & still efficient.

6. JWainscot

JWainscot New Member

One thing you can do to be safe when playing around but unsure of what you are doing is disable your phone.