Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

How to sell a Cingular 8125?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows Mobile Phones' started by msblondegecko, Apr 17, 2006.

1. msblondegecko

msblondegecko New Member

I need advice before trying to sell my 2-month-old Cingular 8125. It works perfectly fine but I do not like the design and would rather buy a smaller phone and use my Palm as a PDA. The phone is currently locked for Cingular. My question is: When I sell the phone, can I keep the SIM chip? Do people expect to provide their own SIM chips when they buy these phones? Is it difficult for someone to get this phone "unlocked" if they don't want to use Cingular service?

Any other advice before I sell?

Thanks!

2. azcellphonejunkie

azcellphonejunkie The Cell Phone Junkie

My Phone:
    iPhone 3GS
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT, Verizon, Sprint |Prior: Alltel, Nextel
    People typically bring thier own SIM card to the table when they buy a phone from a private party. It costs about $20-$40 to get a device like that unlocked. You will most likely sell to someone that has Cingular. Remember too that the 8125 has a lot of Cingular software on it, and so it is optimized for Cingular.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. COtech

COtech Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sam. Galaxy SII Skyrocket
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility
    Yes, keep the working SIM in your other (another, previous, etc.) GSM phone. You are staying with Cingular, even if you don't care for the 8125.

If you are leaving Cingular, and selling the 8125, once you cancel the account the SIM won't work for anyone again. It won't matter then if you include it, your closed account SIM won't work.

COtech

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...