Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

How to get a good deal on Verizon?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Dan's, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Dan's

Dan's New Member

I am want to switch to Verizon and already have my phones (Samsung a630's).
    I wanted to get the 400 minute plan (shared) and text messaging on one phone. (I believe that is $39.99 + $20 + $5)
    Are there any special deals or discounts that you have to know about or ask for to get?
    For instance on Sprint there are discounts if you work for any one of a large number of companies (Fortune 500 companies), they also waive activation if you bring your own phones and don't require a commitment.

2. iGlenn

iGlenn Junior Member

Using your own Sammy a630's? Whoa your just opening up a can of worms at the VZW store.

A contract commitment will still be required.

Unless your considering going on a 59.99+ plan (for your primary) they wouldn't even dream of waiving the activation fee (and you'll probably have to get a manager involved to waive the fee).

Good luck on getting a "deal" though. It's not like the sales reps are standing around waiting for customers (especially in the Philly region). Demand for VZW service is so strong that it's not unusual for customers to wait 30+ minutes just to speak with a sales rep.

3. bob123

bob123 New Member

Why Verizon ?
    There are best phone available for free after rebate from various retailers like amazon.com (I noticed a deal @ DealsOfamerica.com where you can MAKE $50 by buying GSM Motorola V300 (feature loaded phone) and only one year contract from amazon.com.
    So if you have to sign contract, get a good phone for free as well.
    As far as coverage is concern, I had good experience with AT&T
    Currently I have T-Mobile which is not so good. I dont know much abour verizon coverage though.

4. Rasputin

Rasputin Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple Iphone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT, Verizon
    I would check out the deals at Buy.com or at letstalk, you can normally only get better deals on the lower end type of phones. Other than that check out some of the local Verizon Agents in your area. The Verizon Store or online tends to have the best deals on the higher end flip/camera phones.

Switching to Verizon is worth it more for the better coverage, lack of dropped calls and service where you need it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

true, but that also depends where you are......

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Verizon(former), ATT(former),
    True. Are you looking for deals on phones or service?