Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

How to do a song to ringtone?

Discussion in 'Apps ~ Ringtones ~ Games ~ Wallpapers ~ Mods' started by v120eUser, Feb 7, 2004.

1. v120eUser

v120eUser New Member

How do I convert a song I want to ringtone? I looked at that page listed prior in the spool, for the myPhoneFiles.com but it requires you send an SMS to the cell phone. I don't have that access to the phone, I just want to convert it to my phone by keypress. Anyone have any programs that will do that for me?
    Thanks for any info!!

2. maciej

maciej Banned

if you use that app at myPhoneFiles.com you don't need to use SMS. You can but you don't have to. When you get the app you also get online space and you can get to it with the phone. All ringers you create are stored in your on-line account so you can retrieve them later either by WAP (wireless internet) without using SMS or by using SMS to get the download link to your phone.

3. v120eUser

v120eUser New Member

I just recently learned that my cell phone is WAP capable, and I set it up as was instructed in a prior post. So my question is: If I do get that software with the link above, how do I tell my cell phone to locate the song I want it to set as a ringtone? Like what is the IP address, website, or link to this "account" from my cell phone? I'm very new to this, and I love personal ringtones, just not having to convert them and then they sound like crap.

Thanks for any info!

4. maciej

maciej Banned

what phone model are you using? The software above will not work with all phones. The newer phones are ok, but old one just don't support the new file formats. If you have a phone that has wireless web on it (WAP 2.0) then you simply log on to your account with that phone and all files would be there.

5. v120eUser

v120eUser New Member

I have a Motorola v120e cell phone. I've played around with WAP a bit, and it keeps saying "data uncompatible" or something like that. Can you go step by step how to do this for me? I've been trying to understand how the WAP works -- I've even got it to store my email address! I go to the "cool sites" recommended on the WAP, but only one time it worked for me. Any further help is much appreciated, thanks!!