Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

How to chose

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by Cynthia12, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 New Member

Hi I am new to this forum. My brother and I want to upgrade our phones to a smart phone there is so much information. And the prices vary. How do I decide which phone is right for me. I read customer reviews on the verizon website and some like some do not. What can I do to make a wise choice.:confused:

2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    It all depends on which features are most important to you, and how much you're willing to pay. Can you give us a list of your top "must haves", and your ideal target price?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Telekom

Telekom Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 5310, iPhone 3G[S]
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile US, Fido CA, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    I'd say it all depends on what you want to do with your smartphone whether it's to use apps to check weather or to check a dictionary definition or go to social network sites like Facebook and Twitter or whether you want lots of games or other entertainment like Pandora or Spotify. It also depends on which "camp" you think you want to be associated with i.e. do you want to get an iPhone, and Android phone or a Windows phone? By choosing a system you basically commit yourself to that system. iOS (iPhone) has lots more applications, but that's not the only way to compare what you need. Lots of applications are just fluff, but there are lots of good ones as well. I guess the best thing to do is to assess your needs first.

4. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 New Member

Thank you so much. I got my new phone today after extensive research online. I got the motorola dorid. I am learning how to use it. How do you transfer ringtones from the old phone.
    thanks everyone.

5. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    Good choice, I had that same phone for 2 years and it was one of my favorites. I just got a Droid 3 to replace it last month.

What is your old phone? Normally, if you want to transfer ringtones, you need to connect your old phone to your PC with a USB cable, and copy/paste the files to the PC. Then connect your new phone to the PC with a USB cable and reload the files again to the new phone. I name the folder "Music" or something on my PC, and then just copy/paste the whole folder to the phone's SD memory card. The phone should find it easily, it automatically scans all folders looking for media files.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Lillie

Lillie New Member

Is there anything that can make a good Android out of my phone.
    It's a smartphone of a rarely met company,
    but I wanna know if there are some apps to change its platform.
    Thanks for the answers in advance!

#6 Lillie, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2012
  7. motorhead

motorhead New Member

If in case, your old phone has Bluetooth technology, you can also transfer your ringtones to another phone via Bluetooth. To transfer tones to another phone using Bluetooth this is what you need to do.
    1) Go to your old phone's "Menu" > "Settings" > "Connectivity" (or "Connection") > "Bluetooth" > "On." The options might vary slightly depending on your cell-phone model.
    2) Go to the ringtones in the "Sounds" or "Media" folder of the old phone.
    3) Select the tone and go to options.
    4) Scroll down to the Send option.
    5) Click on the send via Bluetooth option.
    Before this, make sure that the other phone you’re sending to isn't in hidden mode.

8. flexiroam

flexiroam New Member

,Malaysia
    hi, Are you in the position where you need a Cellphone? Are you worried about how it might be too expensive? Well you are not alone in this situation.

Thanks
    flaxiroom