Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

How to become an AT&T internet dealer

Discussion in 'Apps ~ Ringtones ~ Games ~ Wallpapers ~ Mods' started by jbartee, Jul 19, 2007.

1. jbartee

jbartee New Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Pearl
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Hi, First of all I apologize if this post is in the wrong category, please re-direct me to the right one.

We just launched a streaming music service (nuTsie) where you upload your itunes metadata and we match it to songs on our servers. From then on, you can listen to your music on any internet connected PC AND Mobile phone (placeshifting). You can also add other users playlists to your account and email/text your own playlists to your friends.

Lots of people wite in and ask if we would sell phones with the service already loaded. Therefore I am trying to figure out how to sell AT&T (3G) service and phones from our website. I know I am not a sub-dealer because they only sell to businesses, and I am not a brick and mortar store. does anyone know where I can start or who I can talk to?

Thank you for your help.

2. whosurbud

whosurbud Junior Member

Step1:
    ditch ur T-Mo service...LOL.

just kiddin,

Tried this out, seems kinda neat and it does work. But I think there is a small quirk in the way it works with mobiles.

As the mobile is streaming, it seems to download like 30 second chunks at a time, and stops asking for more. Eventually the internet connection is ended, and the user is prompted to download more. If the user doesn't acknowledge this, the stream will stop. If ya could re-design the java application to make the mobile and/or server send some sort of 'keep alive' packets in between 30 second chunks, maybe the connection wouldn't end, and ya'd avoid having to have the user "allow" more data?