Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

How many of you are getting out of your contract and going prepaid?

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by bobolito, Nov 30, 2012.

1. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    With the popularity of the unlimited prepaid plans, many people are choosing this and ditching their post paid services. There are so many to choose from nowadays, and they are really affordable. Boost, Solavei, StraightTalk, Net10, Page Plus, Simple Mobile, Virgin Mobile, etc., they all have very affordable unlimited options. You really have to do your homework before choosing one of these. Learn which network they ride on (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, or T-Mobile) so that you know what kind of coverage you're getting. Also, find out if they will accept your current phone and find out if they let you roam outside their host network. Believe it or not, some of them allow roaming on a partner's network. How many of you are planning to get out of your contracts and going prepaid in order to save some money?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    I won't be dumping my contract. I like my LTE phone too much to leave. I had 2 voice only lines on my account; however, I let those contracts lapse and moved them to prepaid. One is on AT&T Go Phone and the other is on Virgin Mobile. Coverage is not an issue since they both are in Atlanta (almost anything works up there).

Another motivation for moving the voice only lines to prepaid is the recently instituted upgrade fees by Verizon. $30 for a feature phone isn't worth it. The VM phone I bought was $20 and the PAYG phone on AT&T was $40.
    The VM is $20/month and the Go Phone is $25/3 months

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Junior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    I won't be going prepaid either, mainly because I often work in rural areas and I do roam with some degree of frequency, so prepaid just won't work for me.

4. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Roaming is still a sticking point for some. Picking the wrong prepaid provider means a dead phone in the wrong places. I know I could not use a Sprint or T-Mobile based provider because their networks aren't great here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.

5. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    I need the coverage, and with my discounts and grandfathered plan, its hard for even the prepaids to be less than what I already have.

6. mrjohn

mrjohn New Member

I'm pretty happy with att postpaid so no plans on switching to prepaid any time soon.