Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

How many networks can you access at home?

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by Yankees368, Jul 10, 2004.

1. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Lol that stinks! Isn't MoviStar also CDMA? I know in Puerto Vallarta, everyone had Telcel TDMA or GSM, a few had IUSACELL(CDMA), which I used with my nokia--worked well, but I was around many cell towers with little signal, so obviously Telcel was much better.

2. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Immix is the former Conestoga Wireless GSM 1900 in central PA (State College, Reading)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I don't have 850 on my phone, so no Cingular for me. I can see TM and AWE (barred)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I am in Union County NJ and i get:
    AWE
    T-Mobile (Barred)

5. weldor

weldor Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel

Aparently this is top secret info. as I have asked about being able to check other providers on my Aud. 8600 and no one will answer me.

Mabe you have to have two to four hundred posts after your name.

I have never had a 6340i so can't help you out, sorry

6. Yahoo!Man

Yahoo!Man Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 1260
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Wireless (TDMA) - Free2Go Wireless
    In my Zip Code of 24571 (Lynchstation, VA and Lynchburg, VA also in Altavista, VA) i have AT&T TDMA Prepaid with a Nokia 1260 and can pick up the following:

Suncom TDMA (best digital signal for Lynch Station -- which is in the middle of nowhere - closest town is an hour away which is lynchburg -- small town had good coverage there in lynchburg)

Verizon Analog for Lynchurg Station -- pretty good for voice but NO data services avalible and for a minute or 30 seconds it read Roaming Digital (called 611 and it WAS verizon) i did not know verizon had tdma

AT&T Home (suprisingly) for AltaVista great coverage, but i don't know how since Suncom give ATT coverage ????, but the phone read ATT

US Cellular (very poor TDMA in Lynchburg -- only on them for about a minute)

US Cellular (good AMPS in Lynchburg Station -- only on them once again for about 2 mins) - no data avalible

Alltel Analog in Lynchstation near Lynchburg -- pretty poor coverage

This was about a year and a half ago... so things could have and probably have changed

7. Etorres777

Etorres777 Life is good for now..

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t Mobility
    No, MoviStar is GSM. When I'm in Cd. Juarez (right next to El Paso, Texas), I can roam on either one, they both have great signal in Juarez, but sad to say, Telcel GSM has A LOT more coverage in the middle of no where than MoviStar. I usually take a road from Juarez to Santa Teresa, New Mexico, and Telcel is strong until my AT&T kicks in LOL. It really does suck, I KNOW! :( I hope that Cingular and AT&T start building some towers or making some more roaming aggrements to fill in the 'v' gap that I happen to live on the border line of coverage and no coverage. If I got north of my front yard, I have NO COVERAGE, getting deeper into the 'v' gap. I've heard that they steal numbers and charge them up the :censored: . Is this true?

8. Pedal2Medal00

Pedal2Medal00 Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX6000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    T-Mobile 1900
    AT&T GSM 1900
    AT&T TDMA 800?
    AT&T Analog
    Verizon Digital
    Verizon Analog
    Nextel
    Sprint PCS
    US Cellular (soon)
    Cingular (soon)

9. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Then get yourself a non-handicapped phone! :D

10. Airb330

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Torres, I am almost positive Movistar was CDMA at one point. What about that PegasoPCS (SPrint affliate, CDMA 1900). I've heard about them, but have never seen them in Puerto Vallarta, Matzalan, or Ixtapa. Hopefully, I'll get to Mexico sometime soon again, and then I'll have GSM and excellant Telcel coverage.

How dumb is IUSACELL for a name, especially for a Mexican carrier? Movistar is an odd too, what is that supposed to mean? I know they are in Spain and maybe other European countries, though mostly bought out from Vodafone.

11. Etorres777

Etorres777 Life is good for now..

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t Mobility
    It might have been, which is odd for a company going from CDMA to GSM. It's odd. Now i'm curious but, it is a GSM. My phone is strictly GSM. Telcel GSM is the BEST in Mexico. IUSAACEL is a very strange name, it sounds like I USA CELL LOL! A name is a name. I wonder if American wireless providers will ever own or own part or all of a cell company in other countries. If there is, post, i'm curious LOL.

12. Airb330

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I do know BellSouth (40% Cingular) owns many CDMA carriers down in Latin America. Verizon owns some of IUSACELL, hence why it's CDMA I'd guess. ATT used to own part of ATT Rogers (TDMA/GSM) in Canada....I think they just sold it. Sprint PCS has something to do with Pegaso PCS...if that even exists in Mexico anymore. I'm going to try to research the Movistar thing. I just remember them being CDMA for some reason when I was in Matzalan....in Spring 2002.

13. Airb330

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    This seems to explain some:

http://www.wirelessadvisor.com/forums/showthread.php?t=769

It seems they are switching to GSM, since Movistar Spain owns them, which is obviously GSM. Pegaso PCS seems to be part of Movistar now, and Pegaso was PCS CDMA. Pegaso's website takes me to Movistar, so my assumption makes sense. Looks like GSM will be dominate in Mexico.

14. ballazck

ballazck Junior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 3587i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Verizon haa never had TDMA. They are CDMA and AMPS. Anyways at my house i used a Verizon LG VX3100. I can get Sprint Digital by dialing *22805 and Alltel Digital by dialing *22801. The Sprint an Alltel singnal at my house are weak and unusable.

15. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Verizon has bought some small TDMA networks and converted them to CDMA in the past. That's how they made it into Puerto Rico. During the transition, they had to offer TDMA service in those areas for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if they still have some small chunk of spectrum still using TDMA for any left over customers in those markets.

16. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    They haven't sold their stake in Rogers yet. Here are some fresh news that will clear some doubts....

----------------------------------------------------------
    AT&T Wireless may sell Rogers Wireless stake
    Fri Sep 3, 2004 07:11 PM ET
    LOS ANGELES, Sept 3 (Reuters) - Canada's Rogers Communications Inc. (RCIb.TO: Quote, Profile, Research) said on Friday it had reached an agreement with AT&T Wireless Services Inc.(AWE.N: Quote, Profile, Research) that could lead to the sale of AT&T Wireless' entire stake in Rogers Wireless Communications Inc.(RCMb.TO: Quote, Profile, Research) .
    Under the letter agreement, Rogers Communications has the right of first refusal to buy 48.6 million shares of Rogers Wireless at a price of C$36.00 or less per share but is not required to do so.

------------------------------------------------

http://yahoo.reuters.com/financeQuo...tfh71972_2004-09-03_23-11-58_n03100928_newsml